Brightspace’s notification tool allows users to receive instant notifications about course events, such as announcements, grades, discussion messages, and approaching end dates on quizzes. The tool also allows for a user to subscribe to summaries of course activities, received through email and/or SMS (text messages on your cell phone). The documentation below demonstrates the process of changing notification settings.
Access the Notification Tool
- In the upper right hand corner click on your name to open the user drop down menu.
- Click the Notifications link. This will open the notifications tool.
- Brightspace by default will use the system email you used to log into the system. If you want your notifications to be sent to a different email address click the Change your email settings link and enter a custom email.
- If you wish to receive notification updates via your mobile phone, click the Register your mobile link.
Register Your Mobile
- In the Register Your Mobile window answer the three required fields and click save.
- Once you click save a confirmation code will be sent to your mobile device. (It may take a couple of minutes to receive it)
- Enter the 4 digit code sent to your mobile device in the Confirmation Code field, then click Confirm.
Summary of Activity
- Under the How Often drop down menu you have the option to select Never or Daily.
- If you chose daily, select a time you wish to receive the email summary of activities.
- Choose how you wish to receive updates, as well as what activities you would like to be updated on. Simply check off the boxes in the respective columns.
Exclude Some Courses
- If you don’t want notifications from particular course(s) click the Manage my Course exclusion link.
- Remove a course by clicking the X next to the course title.
- Close the window when finished.
- When you are satisfied with your notification settings, click Save at the bottom of the page.