What does this mean for you?
- Existing Springboard courses will be migrated to the new environment. We will post a timeline for this very soon.
- Your courses will continue to function as they do now.
- You will have new functionality available to you. We will announce training and course tune-up opportunities (open labs and walk-in support) by mid-July.
- With new fonts, layouts, and a fresh colour palette, the site will look very different. The Brightspace software has been rebuilt using responsive design so it will adapt to different screen sizes to provide an improved user experience on computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Even though it looks different; in most cases, the steps you have been using will continue to work. Once you get past the new look, you should find that your steps look very familiar. In some cases, you should find that you have fewer steps to get things done.
- After we complete the migration; the vendor (D2L) will provide support to all faculty, staff and students. This will be available 24 hours per day via phone, email, and chat. We will announce this once after the migration is complete.
- If you are excited to get started and you are willing to be patient as we learn about the new system, we do have access to a trial site. Simply send an email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘ to request access to a Brightspace Sandbox.
- On a side note, the Brightspace Community sent an email to current members indicating that they are updating their site and you may need to download information. Please ignore this message if you received it. The Brightspace Community migration does not impact anyone at The University of Akron. There are no plans to delete anything from Springboard.
- As it becomes available, we will post announcements, timelines, FAQs, documentation and more to the upgrade website: http://www.uakron.edu/it/instructional_services/dds/brightspace/
Thank you for continuing to use Springboard. We appreciate everything you do to support teaching and learning. We look forward to working with you to make the transition to Brightspace!