Good news! Self-registration is now available for the Diving Into Online Learning – Student Orientation in Springboard. If you are thinking of taking an online course at The University of Akron, this orientation will help you gain some valuable tips for how to succeed in online courses. It will also give you some great resources and tell you about some often overlooked features of Springboard that can help you succeed. Have you used the Pulse app (available for iOS and Android) for example? How about the Binder app? Do you know about Release conditions? Respondus Monitor? WebEx? Finally, do you know about all of the student services that are available to UA students taking an online course? Did you know that you can submit drafts of your papers electronically to qualified writing tutors who will provide expert feedback on your writing mechanics and formatting?
In some cases, you may be required to complete this orientation before you can enroll in an online course. Once you complete the orientation, you will be given an Award that you can add to your Profile in Springboard. Your instructors can view this Award to determine if you completed the orientation. Once you complete the orientation and earn your Award, you will not be asked to complete it again.
Ready to get started? To self-register, complete the following steps:
- Login to Springboard using your UANET ID and password (or you can select Springboard from MyAkron).
- Select the Self Registration option from the Student Resources menu.
- Select the Diving into Online Learning – Student Orientation
- Click Register.
- Confirm your First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- Enter your UANet ID.
- Click Submit.
- Click Finish.
- Click Go to course offering Diving into Online Learning – Student Orientation.
- Follow the directions in the first announcement on the course home page to get started.
Important note: If you run into any technical issues, contact the IT HelpDesk at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ or 330-972-6888.