Back in July, we were able to attend the annual Desire2Learn Users Conference, called FUSION. A lot of the focus was on versions 10 and 10.1 (which we will be upgrading Springboard to on December 20), but there were also sessions focusing on useful tools for online teaching regardless of the platform. Following FUSION, Desire2Learn has also given several webinars on features coming with version 10.1. Here are five things we learned about both at FUSION and in the months following the conference –
- Binder – new product from D2L that allows students to view course content offline using their iPad: http://www.desire2learn.com/products/mobile/binder/
- Responsive web design – presentation on designing web pages that will automatically adapt to the device they are being viewed on: http://blogs.pstcc.edu/teachtech/2012/07/18/fusion-2012-responsive-web-design/
- myDesire2Learn – service coming from D2L that allows students to take their ePortfolio content with them after graduation: http://blogs.uakron.edu/dds/2012/new-service-coming-mydesire2learn/
- WidgetBox – easily create a wide variety of widgets to integrate into your course: http://www.widgetbox.com/widgets/
- Drag-and-drop – in version 10.1, you’ll be able to drag-and-drop a file from your computer to Springboard wherever you would normally upload a file.