As Andy mentioned last week, we attended D2L’s Fusion conference and will be sharing what we learned. In addition to the brightspace rebranding, D2L also introduced a community (https://community.brightspace.com/) that has been redesigned as a result of feedback from their users. As D2L notes, the new community includes these features:
- No barriers to access. It is easy to get in, engage, contribute, and participate. There is no login required to access most resources, participate in discussions, or provide feedback
- More self-help resources and content such as best practices, answers, webinars, documentation, and professional development opportunities
- Access to people, conversations, and true social networking
- Hundreds of HTML5 videos on how to use the Brightspace platform
- Additional documentation, videos, help files, and discussions
- A Twitter channel to ask D2L how-to questions: @BrightspaceHelp.
So far, my favorite feature is the ‘Search everywhere’ box:
Check out the new brightspace community by D2L and let us know if you find a great feature or resource that you think we should highlight!
In the coming weeks, keep an eye on the DDS blog for more information from FUSION. Andy and I are looking forward to sharing more of the great things that are coming from brightspace by D2L.