When creating a quiz, you might not have noticed the tab titled “Submission Views”. Submission views allow you to control the information that is displayed to a student when they’ve completed a quiz attempt. Using submission views, you can even restrict this information by date or IP!
To set up a submission view on a quiz, here’s what you need to do:
- Within your Springboard course, select the Quizzes tool.
- Select the title of the desired quiz.
- Select the Submission Views tab.
- Select Add Additional View.
- Enter a Name for the view.
- Select a Date for the view to begin displaying to students. Before this date, the default view will be used.
- You can select IP Restriction if you’d like to enforce the same IP range that is set on the quiz. This is particularly useful if you are proctoring the quiz through Computer Based Testing.
- You can select Limit the amount of time (in minutes) for which this view is available after the quiz is submitted to only show this view to the students for a specific time after they’ve finished the quiz.
- Select the types of questions (if any) that you would like to display to students. You can choose to show questions answered correctly, incorrectly, all questions with the student’s responses, or without the student’s responses.
- If you would like to show the correct answer to the question, select Show question answers.
- If you would like to show the students how they did in comparison to the rest of the class, you can select Show class average and/or Show score distribution.
- When you’re finished, select Save.
On the date you’ve specified, your new submission view will take effect. Until then, the default submission view – where students only see their score on the quiz – will be in place.