If you’re an instructor that has used Springboard for a while, you’re probably already familiar with the Role Switch function. The Role Switch allows an instructor to simulate how someone with another role in the course, such as students, would see something within your Springboard course. In version 10.3, this process has gotten even faster!
You can use the Role Switch from anywhere in your course. To do so:
- Select your name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- If you would like to role switch to Student, select View as Student.
- If you are interested in another role, select Change.
- Select the desired role from the list.
- To switch back to your default role, select your name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the X next to Viewing as…
A few things to note:
- The Role Switch, in some cases, will not perfectly mirror the Student role. Because you are still an instructor in the course, you aren’t able to have grades assigned to you, take quizzes as a student, be enrolled in groups, etc.
- Regardless of where you initiated the Role Switch in your course, you will be automatically taken back to the course homepage.