Alan C. Triggs

Office: For Judge of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Term Beginning 2/10/2021

Residence: Cincinnati

Email: triggsforjudge@gmail.com

Website: www.triggsforjudge.com

Social Media: Facebook @JudgeAlanCTriggs

Occupation: Judge, Hamilton County Municipal Court

Education: J.D. University of Akron

Work Experience: Judge Hamilton County Municipal Court Since 2018; Magistrate Judge Hamilton County Municipal Court 2001-2011; Assistant Cincinnati Prosecutor 1997-2001

Family: Married; Wife Elisia, Daughter Sidney

Affiliations: Non-Denomination

Endorsements: Equality PAC Cincinnati; Cincinnati AFL-CIO Labor Council; UFCW Local 75; AFSCME Cincinnati

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

Magistrate, Villages of Lincoln Heights and Woodlawn; and Cities of Silverton and Golf Manor, 2001-2011
Hamilton County Municipal Court Magistrate, 2001-2011
Judge, Hamilton County Municipal Court, 2018-present

I have been practicing law for 25 years. I have experience in both criminal and civil law. As an Assistant City of Cincinnati Prosecutor, I tried over 500 bench and jury trials and managed 7,500 criminal cases annually. As an Assistant City of Cincinnati Solicitor, I defended the City in civil actions and managed the City’s tax collection unit.

Judges should be experienced in all areas of the law at the various court levels. As I have been in the judicial system for over 13 years, I am seeking this particular seat for personal growth. I have worked my way up from the lowest courts in the state, steadily advancing to the next level. With the retirement of two of our Common Pleas Judges, this is an opportunity to bring my judicial experience to the next level. When it comes to Judges, experience matters.