Frank D. Celebrezze Jr.

Office: Cuyahoga County -Eighth District Court of Appeals

Residence: Strongsville, OH

Email: N/A

Website: N/A

Occupation: Judge, Eighth District Court of Appeals

Education: J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (1983); Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and Political Science, with a minor in History and English, from Cleveland State University (1980)

Work Experience: Medical malpractice and personal injury litigation from 1983-1987; State of Ohio Industrial Commission, District Hearing Officer 1987-1991; Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas Judge 1992-2000; Eighth District Court of Appeals Judge 2000-Present

Affiliations: Chief Justice Elect, Ohio Court of Appeals Judges Association; Member, Common Pleas Judges Association, State of Ohio; Member, Ohio State Bar Association; Life Member, Italian-American Veterans Association; Trustee, Justinian Forum

Endorsements: Cuyahoga County Democratic Party Endorsement for Common Pleas Court Judge in 1992 and 1998; Cuyahoga County Democratic Party endorsement for Eighth District Court of Appeals in 2000, 2006, 2012, and 2018. http://www.cuydem.com/general-election-endorsements-2017

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

District Hearing Officer, State of Ohio Industrial Commission: 1987-1991; Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas Judge: 1992-2000; Eighth District Court of Appeals Judge, 2000-Present; Administrative Judge for Eighth District Court of Appeals in 2007 and 2015; Appointed by the Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice to sit as an Associate Judge on the Ohio Supreme Court; Appointed to sit as a Visiting Judge on a majority of the 12 appellate districts throughout the state of Ohio.

I am proud to come from a family with an 80-year history of distinguished public service to the people of the City of Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, and the State of Ohio. Before serving as a District Hearing Officer with the Ohio Industrial Commission, I represented the integrity of the bar as both a civil defense attorney and a civil plaintiffs’ attorney. I represented plaintiffs in medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. I also represented physicians in medical malpractice litigation. I had a well-earned reputation for hard work and fairness as a trial lawyer.

Before specializing in medical malpractice and personal injury litigation, I worked as a Judicial Extern for The Honorable Judge Alvin Krenzler in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Eastern Division (1982); I worked as a Law Clerk in the Legal Department of the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Domestic Relations Division (1982-1983); I worked as a Staff Attorney with the Cuyahoga County Treasurer’s Office (1991-1992).

I have had the honor and privilege of sitting as a Judge on the bench of the Eighth District Court of Appeals for 18 years. During my tenure on the appellate bench, I have a well-earned reputation for fairness to all who appear before me. I have had the privilege of serving as the Eighth District’s Administrative Judge in 2007 and 2015. I proudly served as Founder and Chairman of the Old County Courthouse Security Committee from 2003-2017 in order to increase the safety of Judges, staff, and members of the public.

I have also had the privilege of sitting as an Associate Justice on the Ohio Supreme Court and a Visiting Judge on several of the 12 appellate districts throughout the state of Ohio. I am running for re-election so that I can continue to work hard to serve all people in Cuyahoga County, as I have done since I was elected to the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court in 1992. If re-elected, I will continue to strive to maintain the integrity of the Judiciary by following the Constitution of the United States, the Ohio Constitution, and stare decisis.