Janie D Roberts

Office:  Common Pleas Court Domestic and Juvenile Division

Residence: Columbus, OH 43201

Emailjaniedroberts@yahoo.com

Website: Roberts for Judge;  robertsforjudge.org

Occupation: Attorney

Education: J.D. Capital University Law School

Work Experience: Attorney since May 1985

Family: Mother of 3 adult children   

Affiliations: 

Endorsements:

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

I was a Magistrate in Franklin County Juvenile Court from 1997 to 2006. I presided over Juvenile Traffic Court and had many trials. Cases ranged from speed and assured clear distance to OVI\’s and vehicular homicide. I worked with community organizations to establish programs for juveniles.

I have practiced law for 33 years. I have represented thousands of clients in every type of case that is heard in the domestic and juvenile branch of the court. My experience as a trial lawyer in all courts gives me the perspective needed to be a fair judge. My clients are people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse issues. Domestic and Juvenile court cases involve emotional issues and people who are not in the best places. I have the personality and temperament that is needed to be a good and effective judge. I listen to people, I am respectful of all people, I am knowledgeable of the law and know when I don\’t know something and need to do research. I understand that a Judge\’s duty is to provide a fair, unbiased and efficient courtroom for litigants to present their cases and get resolutions so they can move on with their lives.

I want to use my knowledge and experience to provide a courtroom where every person is shown respect, where cases are decided based on the law and the facts presented and cases are heard and decided in a timely manner. i will work with the community to provide juveniles with options and to learn consequences of their actions and try to keep them from ending up in the adult court system. I care about families and children and want to make the court as helpful as it can be in reaching solutions that improve the lives of families.