Joel M. Kuhlman

Office: For Judge of the Wood County Court of Common Pleas, General/Domestic Relations Division
Term Beginning 1/1/2021

Residence: Perrysburg

Email: kuhlman.joel@gmail.com

Website: 

Social Media: www.facebook.com/kuhlman.joel/

Occupation: Attorney

Education: B.S. in bioengineering from The University of Toledo, and J.D. from The University of Toledo

Work Experience: Attorney with Stearns & Hammer in Bowling Green since 2008, Wood County Commissioner from 2012-2017, Bowling Green City Councilmember from 2010-2012.

Family: Married with 3 daughters

Affiliations: Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce, Wood County Bar Association, First Church of God in Risingsun

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 

I served on the Board of Revisions from 2012 to 2016 overseeing more than 250 property tax appeal cases. I consider the position to be an administrative position rather than judicial, but I enjoyed hearing evidence presented from talented attorneys and ruling on the issues presented.

I have experience representing individuals, businesses, and municipalities in civil, criminal, and administrative matters. I’ve been fortunate to work with good attorneys to resolve matters outside of court and in other cases gone to trial. I am equally comfortable resolving a case amicably as a I am comfortable researching the facts and law of a case and taking it to trial.

I was trained by especially talented attorneys at Stearns & Hammer. They have taught me about the practice of the law and the effects of criminal and civil justice outcomes on our clients – financial stress, mental health, and strained familial relationships.

I have served four municipalities as solicitor and prosecutor, served as special prosecutor in Bowling Green, and serve as general counsel to several local contractors and real estate developers. My experience in both civil and criminal law best qualifies me to be judge.

I grew up and went to school in Wood County. My family, teachers, and community helped provide me with the tools to accomplish my dream of going to college and becoming an attorney. Now, my wife and I are able to raise our three daughters in the same supportive community. I have been a beneficiary of all this community has to offer.

I am running for this court seat because I am committed to making my community the best place it can be to work, raise a family, and go to school. I have the experience and judgment necessary to further those ideals as judge. Our neighbors and colleagues deserve a safe, consistent, and reliable environment to receive the same opportunities we have received.