Lori L. Olender

Office: For Judge of the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Unexpired Term Ending 1/3/2023

Residence: Toledo

Email:  olenderforjudge@gmail.com

Website: website in progress

Social Media:  Facebook: Lori Olender for Judge, Instagram: olenderforjudge, Twitter: @olenderforjudge

Occupation: Attorney

Education:  J.D. University of Toledo

Work Experience: Prosecutor since January 1998, 1994-1997 Public Defender’s Office

Family: Single

Religious Affiliation: Congregational

Endorsements: Toledo Police Patrolman’s Association, others pending

Bar Association Ratings: Not yet completed

None

I started in Toledo Municipal Court as a Public Defender Intern during law school. After I passed the bar (May 1997) I was hired as a staff attorney for the Public Defender’s Office in Lucas County Juvenile Court. In January of 1998 I was hired by the Lucas County Prosecutor’s Office. I began in the Court of Common Pleas General Division as the Child Victim Prosecutor. In that role, I handled all cases of felony abuse on children. I handled every case from investigation to Grand Jury, and finally all the way to trial. I practiced in all 10 courtrooms of the General Division and tried close to 70 jury trials. In 2007 I was promoted to Deputy Chief in charge of the Juvenile Division of the Prosecutor’s Office. I have been in that role ever since. As Deputy Chief, I am in charge of training new prosecutors on the law and trial skills so that they may be promoted to the General Trial Division. I also take on a full caseload of my own. I have charged and successfully certified to the adult division many juveniles charged with Murder, Felonious Assault, Aggravated Robbery, and Rape.

I have spent my career protecting the public. First in Adult Court and now in Juvenile. I want to continue that work from the bench. My career has taught me that protecting the public does not just come from a sentence of incarceration. Treatment and other alternatives are at times the best way to keep a person from future recidivism. I have handled thousands of criminal cases in my career. I am well versed in the rules of evidence and current case law. Although I have not worked in the Civil arena, I do my best to keep up with the case law in that area as well. As someone who has been in front of most of the bench in Lucas County I will be able to bring the best from every Judge that I have practiced in front of as well as try to avoid the pitfalls of those that came before me. Finally, I believe I have the temperament to fairly and impartially judge each case on its specific merits. At the same time, I will be respectful to everyone that comes in front of me and run the most efficient docket that I can.