Myron C. Duhart

Office: For Judge of the Sixth District Court of Appeals
Term Beginning 2/10/2021

Residence: Sylvania

Email: judgeduhart@gmail.com

Website: 

Social Media: 

Occupation: Judge

Education: LLM Duke University School of Law, JD University of Toledo College of Law, BA Wright State University, Harvard Kennedy School of Government Executive Education

Work Experience: Lucas County Common Pleas Court General Division – Commercial Docket

Family: Married – 3 children

Affiliations: Mercy Health North Board of Directors

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 

Lucas County Common Pleas Court – 9 years

While serving my country I earned a B.A. in Political Science from Wright State University Dayton, Ohio and went onto receive a J.D. from the University of Toledo College of Law. In 2018 I received a L.L.M. in judicial studies from Duke University School of Law and I attended the Harvard Kennedy School of Government in 2014. Also I serve as an adjunct lecturer in law at the University of Toledo College of Law where I teach trial practice.

Prior to judicial service, I clerked for the Honorable Robert W. Penn and was in private practice for many years in the areas of business litigation, criminal law and personal injury. Throughout my legal career, I have litigated a number of high profile criminal cases all over northwest Ohio and was one of a select cadre of attorneys certified by the State of Ohio to handle death penalty cases. I have been admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.

As a member of our armed forces, I have served this country with distinction. As an attorney I have worked tirelessly to protect the rights afforded to citizens both rich and poor. As a volunteer I unselfishly devoted my time and talent to a wide variety of causes. As a judge on the 6th District Court of Appeals I will uphold the rule of law.