Categories
Uncategorized

Nicole Sanders

Office: For Judge of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, Drug Court Division
Term Beginning 1/3/2021

Residence: Canton

Email:  Nsanders2@cinci.rr.com

Website:  Nicolesandersforjudge.com

Social Media:  f Nicole Sander for Judge
Info@NicoleSandersForJudge.com

Occupation: Juvenile Court Magistrate

Education: J.D. from University Of Cincinnati College of Law

Work Experience:  Municipal prosecutor, City Solicitor, Civil and Appellate litigation, Magistrate

Family:  Mother, Grandmother

Affiliations: Christian

Endorsements: Greater Cincinnati UAW CAP Council; Sentinel Police Association; Asian American Action Fund; The Collective PAC; Our Revolution; National Association of Social Workers, Ohio Chapter; Bold New Democracy; Cinti Federation of Teachers; Greater Cincinnati UAW CAP Council; Thaddeus Hoffmeister, Wyoming Mayor ; UFCW 75; Cincinnati AFL-CIO Labor Council; AFSCME, Ohio Council 8; Retired Judge Fanon Rucker; Equality Cincinnati; Cincinnati Women’s Political Caucus

Bar Association Ratings: 

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years)
I am currently and have served as a magistrate for almost seven years. I have presided over custody, child support and juvenile traffic matters.

In addition to my experience as a magistrate, I also have experience at every other level as an attorney. I have practiced in the Ohio State Courts including Small Claims, Municipal, Common Pleas and the Supreme Court of Ohio. I have also practiced in the Southern District Western Division of Ohio, 6th Circuit Court of Appeals and helped write a Writ of Certiorari in the United States Supreme Court. I have litigated municipal criminal, traffic and vehicular homicide cases and was the Special Prosecutor for the Mental Health Court, which like the Hamilton County Drug Court is certified by the Ohio Supreme Court, non-adversarial and treatment focused. Additionally, I have litigated and defended employment, municipal tax, personal injury, contract and administrative cases on behalf of the City of Cincinnati.

I am running for Drug Court because I believe in fairness, restorative justice and transparency. And I believe that I can better administer the Drug Court. Fairness relative to Drug Court means equal access to treatment, reviewing and expanding treatment options, offering individualized treatment and treatment of co-occurrences of mental health and other underlying trauma conditions that lead to substance abuse disease. I believe there needs to be more transparency about who is admitted, what criteria is used for admission, who is rejected or kicked out and on what basis and finally what is the rate of success and/or completion. The Court should track this information and make it readily accessible to the public.