Pat Fischer

Pat Fischer

Office: Ohio Supreme Court

Residence: Cincinnati, OH

Email: FischerForOhio@gmail.com

Website: www.FischerForOhio.comwww.twitter.com/JudgePatFischer; www.facebook.com/JudgePatFischer

Occupation: Judge, Ohio First District Court of Appeals

Education: Undergraduate and J.D. from Harvard University, graduated cum laude

Work Experience: Partner and Associate, Keating Muething & Klekamp, Associate, Thompson & Knight, Law Clerk, U.S District Judge William O. Bertelsman, E.D. Ky,

Family: Married with one child

Affiliations: Member of St. Xavier Catholic Church. Member of the Hamilton County Mental Health Board, Cincinnati Children’s Museum Board, Visions Community Services Inc., Hamilton County ADAS Board and Pleasant Ridge Community Council.

Endorsements: Ohio Republican Party. County Republican Parties including Franklin, Hamilton, Cuyahoga, Lake and Preble. Associations including Ohio Manufacturers PAC, Ohio Medical PAC, Ohio Right to Life PAC, Ohio Realtors PAC, Cincinnati Right to Life PAC. Current and Former elected officials including Lieutenant Governor Mary Taylor, Attorney General Mike DeWine, Speaker Jo Ann Davidson, Auditor Dave Yost, State Reps Ron Maag and Bob Cupp.

Bar Association Ratings: Excellent, Cleveland Metro Bar Association

Judge of First District Court of Appeals. 2010-present

I believe that my hard work, integrity and respect for the office qualifies me to serve on the Ohio Supreme Court. I learned the value of hard work from my parents and took that with me to Harvard. During my time there I also had at least one job (janitor ), if not two (library worker) or three (as an intramural ref) jobs at a time, while helping to pay my way through an expensive college as my parents did not have the money to afford my school. Despite needing to earn those funds, I still received an award at graduation for supposedly being the all around person in the class. The other thing I value more than anything else is integrity. The voters and citizens of Ohio have the right to expect that your judges have the utmost integrity, respect for the law and highest ethical standards. I believe that I have all three and because of that have consistently been cited by me peers including serving as President of the Ohio State Bar Association. I’ve has always had a deep and abiding interest in ethics and professionalism matters, and served two terms on the Ohio Supreme Court’s Commission on Professionalism, including serving as Vice Chair. I also chaired the Cincinnati Bar Association’s Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and its Professionalism committees.

I have seen so much of the legal system and have so benefitted from that system. I believe that I can be a fair and reasoned jurist for all. I believe I have the ability and desire to make the judicial and legal system better than it is today. I can use all the abilities and gifts I have been given to make it work. Not only have I tried many cases in Ohio, I tried cases as far south as Texas, as far west as LA, and had oral arguments in the 2nd (NYC) and 10th circuits (Denver), and a win in the U.S. Supreme Court. My longest trial to jury verdict was about 16 weeks and I have broad experience that I can bring to the court deep insight and thoughtfulness. I am also a good listener, I grew up in a somewhat large family: 6 kids, 2 parents, and a grandmother, all 9 people at the table together for dinner. More importantly I was the second youngest and the older siblings and adults did not really care what I thought. And with one parent a strong Democrat and one a strong Republican, I learned to listen and to discern which arguments seemed best or strong. That ability helped me greatly, both as a lawyer and especially as a judge. All parties want to be heard by the court even if they lose the case. It is an ability essential to judicial quality. For much the same reason I grew up with an open mind and the ability to ask insightful questions, and generally without putting off the party answering the question. I think that helps me to get to the real issues in a case. By getting to the point sooner and more exactly, the parties get their opinions sooner as well as in a better reasoned decision.