Shoshanna M. Brooker

Office: Washington County – Washington County Common Pleas Court

Residence: Fleming, OH

Email: brookerforjudge@gmail.com

Website: www.brookerforjudge.com

Occupation: Magistrate, Washington County Common Pleas Court

Education: J.D. Capital University Law School, B.S. Communication Ohio University, A.A. Washington State Community College

Work Experience: 5 years Common Pleas Court Magistrate and 10 years private practice lawyer. In addition, 17 years experience running a business

Family: Married with one child

Affiliations: Catholic, Member of Ohio Association of Magistrates, Member Ohio Bar Association, Member Washington County Bar Association, Former Trustee of Washington State Community College, Former Board Member of Wasco, Inc., Member Lancaster-Fairfield Chamber of Commerce, Member Ohio Campground Owner’s Association & ARVC

Endorsements: N/A

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

Magistrate Washington County Common Pleas Court January 2013 – Present (5 years) Effectively manages a docket of over 400 cases per year. Has not been overturned on appeal on the merits of her decisions. A firm, fair, and impartial decision maker from the bench.

After 15 years in the legal profession I am in the prime of my career. I ran my own private law office for 10 years where I practiced primarily criminal law but also civil and domestic. I have the knowledge, drive, and work ethic to implement programming to begin addressing the drug epidemic at a Court level. I have short term and long term planning experience, with proven implementation. I can get the Court on the right path toward addressing the epidemic. I have sought and received grants for public programming. I am a fiscally conservative business owner for 17 years and will use that knowledge toward future Court budgeting. I have spent years investing my time, talents, and gifts into our community through volunteer work, serving on boards, and providing free legal services to those in need.

I believe WE CAN DO BETTER ensuring the security and safety of our community, addressing the Opioid crisis and drug epidemic, and making and meeting short term and long term goals for our community. Legislators, through laws, have in many instances taken away our ability to impose prison sanctions. So we have to be innovative and we have to be collaborative with other local resources to provide programming to get users off the streets. If we do not do it for Washington County no one else will.