Wanda C. Jones

Office: For Judge of the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, General Division

Unexpired Term Ending 1/2/2023

Residence: Solon

Email: 

Website: www.KeepJudgewandajones.com

Social Media: 

Occupation: Judge

Education: Cleveland Marshall College of Law

Work Experience: Judge since January 7, 2019

Family: Married with six children ranging in age from 4 to 28 years old.

Affiliations: League of Women Voters, NAACP, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 

Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court General Division for 1 year.

I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio. I am a proud graduate of Glenville Highschool. Before attending law school I was a mail carrier and I also worked in banking for almost twenty years. I attended law school in the evenings while working full time and raising my children. As an attorney, I was a dedicated Guardian ad Litem for children who have been separated from their parents or are at risk of separation due to abuse neglect or dependency. I also represented the best interests of children in custody matters.

I was appointed to this seat by Governor Kasich in January of 2019. In my first year on the bench I had more incoming cases than almost every other Judge in this court. My docket had 451 incoming cases compared to an average of around 371. I also resolved more cases in my first year than any of the other new judges who took the bench in 2019.

In a short time period, I have established a reputation for having an unflappable judicial temperament. I actively practice the four pillars of procedural justice in my courtroom daily by being compassionate, fair, impartial, transparent, and allowing parties to have a voice. I received two commendations from jurors/potential jurors this past year recognizing the way I handle my courtroom. In addition to the probation committee, I also serve on the criminal rules committee in our court. I am currently working on a proposal to streamline the process of fee bill submission and electronic payments for appointed counsel.

Education and Community: I completed judicial training, while still actively engaging in our community. I conducted court in the classroom at Heritage Middle School and volunteered as a mock trial Judge in both 2019 and 2020 for Highschool Mock trial teams. I also helped Cleveland Marshall College of Law prepare their moot court team for Regional Competition. (they won first place!)

I am seeking election for this particular seat because I have proven that I am an asset to the bench. I am certainly filling the shoes of my predecessor, however, I am just beginning. I humbly ask for the support of voters so that I can continue making positive contributions to the Cuyahoga Common Pleas Court General Division Bench.