William Douglass Bell, Sr.

Office:  Hamilton County – Ohio First District Court Of Appeals

Residence: Cincinnati, OH

Email: williamdbellsratty@fuse.net

Website: N/A

Occupation: Attorney

Education: University Of Illinois

Work Experience: Attorney in private practice

Family: Married 48 years, 5 children

Affiliations: NAACP/Black Lawyers Association/U.S. 2nd Bapt. Church- W. College Hill, OH

Endorsements: N/A

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

Licensed in IL in 1976- Attorney with the Shackerford Community Institute, Cincinnati Legal Aid Society, Staff Attorney U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, Associate Law Professor Univ. of Cinti, Taught- Civil Procedure, Evidence, Trial Practice, Associate Professor Salmon P. Chase Law School, Taught Civil Procedure, Pretrial Practice and Trial Practice; Private Practice in Business Practice and Formation, Probate and Estate Planning, Civil- All areas, including Civil Rights, Real Estate, Taxation, Domestic Relations, Foreclosures and Evictions, Criminal, Juvenile, Appellate – Very wide general practice with mixed areas of the law involved. Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, U. S. Tax Court, State of Ohio and State of Illinois. Licensed in Illinois in 1976 and Licensed in Ohio in 1977- 42 years and 41 years respectively.

I served on the Hamilton County Mental Health Board for approximately ten (10) years and helped launched the case management system: I served on the Cinti Metropolitan Housing Board for ten (10) years; I was on the Board of the William H. Mallory Center for Change; the College Hill Community Redevelopment Board; Big Brothers of Cinti, and participated in various other community and civil events.

My background is very diverse and I have worked as an Assistant to the Dean of the College of Commerce at the Univ. of Illinois, a teacher of business law, a janitor, a short order cook, a cashier, a tutor to students in various subjects and as an auditor and tax accountant with a CPA firm. I have the ability to converse with any person or group of people of any race, religious background, intellectual level or financial status. I am not judgmental or prejudice. I am, very direct with people on issues and problems.

I believe that I have the ability and the experience to do an excellent job as an appellate judge. My legal training, as a staff attorney for the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals required that I address all areas of the law being reviewed by the Court arising from the states of Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee. My teaching experience of six (6) years at the Univ. of Cincinnati College of Law and two (2) years as Chase Law School in Civil Procedure, Evidence and Trial Practice provide me with value knowledge on procedural issues.

In my 40+ years of practice, I have handled cases in most areas of the law and I have litigated in most state and federal courts in my geographic area. I believe that the Court needs someone who has vast experience and who has not been hand picked because of wealth, long term party affiliations and nepotism. Simply put, I believe that I will be the best person for the position as an appellate judge with the Ohio First District Court of Appeals.