With the release of Windows 8 today, I just wanted to remind everyone about Examsoft’s system requirements. Please keep in mind that Windows 8 will not yet work with Examsoft. If you were anticipating upgrading to the newest version of Windows, I would advise waiting until it is compatible. I also wanted remind Apple users that OSX 10.5 is no longer supported. You must have OSX 10.6 or newer. Instructions for determining what version of Windows or OSX you have can be found below the system requirements. If anyone has any questions, Please let our office know.
PC System Requirements:
- CPU = 2GHz Intel® Core™/Celeron™ or equivalent x86 processor (CPU Info)
- RAM = highest recommended for the operating system or 2GB
- Hard Drive = highest recommended for the operating system or 1GB of free space
- Operating System = English 32-bit Versions of Windows XP, 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- SofTest cannot be used on virtual operating systems such as Microsoft’s Virtual Machine, Parallels or VMware, VMware Fusion or any other virtual environments, unless approved for the institution.
- Software = Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- Internet connection for SofTest Installation, Exam Download and Upload
- Screen Resolution must be 1024×768 or higher
- Administrator level account permissions
- Windows 8 is not supported
It is not possible to take secure exams through a virtual operating system such as Microsoft’s Virtual Machine, Parallels or VMware, VMware Fusion or any other virtual operating system environment. Although SofTest can be installed and registered on virtual platforms, it will only be enabled for non-secure Practice Exams.
Apple Macintosh Users:
- CPU = Intel processor
- RAM = 2 GB
- Hard Drive = 1 GB of free disk space
- Operating System = MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Server version of Mac OS X is not supported
- SofTest may not be used in a virtual operating systems
- Software = Internet connection for SofTest installation, Exam Download and Upload
- Administrator account