FOR THOSE ATTENDING: Parking is free for all attending sessions/interviews at the garage attached to USPTO’s facility at 300 River Place South, Detroit, MI 48207
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET REGISTERED: Please go to http://www.usptocareers.gov/jobfair/ to guarantee your slot. Walk-ins are welcome but registered guests will be given priority. To do so:
1. Go to http://www.usptocareers.gov/jobfair/
2. Click “Start”
3. Under discipline select “DETROIT 11/9 & 11/10 Elec/Comp/Mech Engineering. The location should say: DETROIT, MI in the drop down box just below.
4. Click “Submit”
5. Select the time slot you wish to attend (if full, select your next choice)
6. Answer the veteran status questions, enter your name and contact information, upload your resume (bring a copy with you as well) and click “Submit registration” and you’re done!
ALL POSITIONS SOUGHT are for the Detroit location only.
We look forward to seeing you there!
ORIGINAL DETAILS BELOW:
On Friday November 9 and Saturday November 10, the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) will hold several information sessions about becoming a Patent Examiner with the largest Intellectual Property rights entity in the nation. Interviews will follow immediately for those who are eligible. Can you distribute this information through your appropriate electronic member mailing lists?
Yearning for a job that harnesses the power of innovation, yet provides work/life balance? Look no further!
Come to the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office’s Detroit location to hear more about a rewarding career as a Patent Examiner (PE). The agency is actively seeking PE’s with a degree (or combination of education and technical experience) in electrical, mechanical or computer engineering and at least one year of patent prosecution experience. At the USPTO, you’ll be working with the largest Intellectual Property Rights entity in the nation. You’ll be supporting economic growth and positioning America as one of the world’s top innovators. You’ll conduct research and interact with applicants who are working on modern breakthroughs and you’ll have access to alternative, flexible schedules, telework, bonuses and paid overtime.
What: Information sessions with interviews immediately following for those who are eligible
When: Friday, November 9 and Saturday, November 10th from 8:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Where: USPTO Detroit Office, 300 River Place South, Suite 1600, Detroit, MI 48207
reparation ahead of time:
- Register for one of several sessions to guarantee your spot (space is limited so this is strongly recommended) – http://www.usptocareers.gov/jobfair/
- Bring a copy of your resume which details your qualifications against the key requirements of the position(s) — http://bitly.com/RAzXsx
- Begin your application now as the cutoff to apply is on 11/12/12 at 11:59 PM EST. You can save and come back to it after the information session/interview (as applicable) is complete. Even if you interview for the position, the agency cannot certify your qualifications unless you have applied through USAJobs. http://bitly.com/RAzXsx
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions!
OHR, Workforce Employment Division