Prepare for job interviews — sign up now for your mock interivew
MOCK INTERVIEWS - The Career Planning and Placement Office (“CPPO”) is pleased to announce that a number of local attorneys will be available here at The University of Akron School of Law AND off campus at their offices to conduct mock interviews with our law students. Each mock interview will last approximately ½ hour and will generally consist of a 15-20 minute interview and a 10-15 minute feedback session. The most up to date list of dates and times available is below.
We encourage ALL law students to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to enhance their interviewing skills and network with local, practicing attorneys. As with any skill, practice and feedback are crucial to perfecting! If you would like to sign up for a mock interview, please stop by or call the CPPO (330-972-8540) to choose the time slot that works best for you. When you sign up for your mock interview, you must e-mail your resume to Alisa Benedict O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org in the CPPO so that we may provide it in advance to the attorney who will be performing your mock interview.
THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF INTERVIEW SLOTS AVAILABLE AND ACCORDINGLY, ALL ARE FILLED ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS. HERE ARE THE AVAILABLE DATES AS OF TODAY (we will update the mock interview calendar as new time slots become available and as time slots are filled):
August 20 from 5:45 – 6:15PM with Attorney Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak at Brouse McDowell.
- August 21 from 2:00 – 2:30 PM and 2:45 – 3:15 PM with Professor Martin Belsky (in his office here at the Law School, West 217B).
- · August 22 from 1:45 – 2:15 PM with Attorney Robert Malone at Buckingham Doolittle.
- · August 23 from 3:00 – 3:30 PM and 3:45 – 4:15 PM with Attorney Andrew Voorhees at the Law School, Room 133.
- · August 26 from 9:00 – 9:30 AM and 9:45 – 10:15 AM with Attorney Elizabeth Yeargin at Brouse McDowell.
- · August 27 from 5:00 – 5:30 PM and 5:45 – 6:15PM with Attorney Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak at Brouse McDowell.
- · August 28 from 9:30 – 10:00 AM and 10:15 – 10:45 AM with Professor Martin Belsky (in his office here at the Law School, West 217B).
- · August 29 from 3:15 – 3:45 PM with Attorney Andrew Voorhees at the Law School, Room TBD.
- · August 30 from 10:45 – 11:15 AM with Attorney Robert Malone at Buckingham Doolittle.
Lawyers are extremely busy people. Thus, as with a real job interview, please take this experience seriously. That is, arrive on time to your mock interview, dress appropriately for an interview, and be prepared. Preparation includes bringing copies of your resume, having questions to ask the interviewer, and knowing a bit about the attorney and his/her firm or organization.
If you have any questions or to sign up for a mock interview, please stop by or call the CPPO (330-972-8540).