1. Community Service Opportunity: assist with adaptive recreation basketball team for adults with special needs, Sundays, 12:30 to 1:30, at Orange High School. Contact Wilson Huhn, firstname.lastname@example.org, 216-789-0507, for details.
2. The Family Resource Center is a department through Summit County Juvenile Court that provides case management services to youth and their families. Youth are typically involved in minor offenses such as truancy, unruly behavior, misdemeanor domestic violence and theft. It is a preventative program and most of the clients are not on probation. It offers tutoring to kids who are struggling academically and it seeks individuals to be volunteer tutors. The information for the position is as follows:
- One day a week for two hours
- Beginning date is end of September and ending date is in December – end date is tentative based on tutor’s availability
- Tutors will need to come prepared with some of their own material based on youth’s academic level. Some youth bring in homework while others come in unprepared so we are also looking for tutors who are creative and can provide some of their own material for the youth
- Tutors will be contacted by the case manager who coordinates the tutoring schedule (Sarah Norman)
- Tutors will be briefed on youth’s academic level and current need.
- Tutoring takes place at Juvenile Court in the Family Resource Center.
- The Family Resource Center case manager and other staff are always present and available during tutoring times.
For further information or if you are interested in the opportunity, contact Sarah Norman, 330-643-2942 or email@example.com