Law Students Encouraged to Participate in UA I-Corps Sites Program

UA students and faculty can apply today to participate in the National Science Foundation’s I-Corps Sites Program. UA is home to one of only three NSF I-Corps Sites programs nationwide, which is aimed at teaching teams of faculty, students and mentors principles that will help them commercialize ideas coming from any type of research (faculty and students from all colleges are encouraged to apply). In addition to participating in an extracurricular program on commercialization, those selected for the program will receive a $2,500 grant to pay for travel, prototyping and other expenses associated with the project.
UA’s I-Corps Sites Program serves as preparation for more lucrative commercialization-focused grants like NSF I-Corps Teams (~$50,000), Ohio Third FrontierTechnology Validation Fund (~$50,000 to ~100,000), and SBIR/STTR (~$150,000). Individuals and teams can APPLY. For more information feel free to contact the I-Corps Sites Program via email at: nsficorpssites@uakron.edu. Applications are open through September 23, 2013.

Program Director, Andrew Maas feels that “Law and Business students will make an excellent addition to any of the teams in the program. Apply now to become part of something truly extraordinary.”
Contact Information:
Andrew Maas
amaas@uakron.edu
330-972-2140