Graduating law students: Your access to these legal research databases continues even after graduation. Some of the vendors require you to fill out an online form. See special instructions below.
Bloomberg Law– Students have access for 6 months after they graduate. No extension of the password is needed.
Lexis – Students have two options for access after graduation.
- Access to Lexis will continue for graduating law students until Dec. 31, 2014 but students must fill out an application form.
- ASPIRE Program- graduates working for a non-profit or charitable organization can apply for a special ASPIRE ID for access to Lexis through Sept. 1, 2015. To apply, fill out the Graduate ID Program application form at www.lexisnexis.com/grad-access. You will need to provide verifying documentation. More information.
Westlaw – there are three levels of access after graduation.
- Research Access: Students have access for 6 months after they graduate if they extend their password. Use the Westlaw password Extension Form for graduating law students.
- Job Searching Access on WestlawNext: Students have access for one year after they graduate to use the job related databases, like the Directory.
- Study Aid Subscription: Students have access to www.lawschool.westlaw.com, TWEN, and Study Aid Subscription for 18 months after graduation.
Questions: Contact Lynn Lenart, email@example.com , 330-972-6357.