Can students use Westlaw, Lexis and Bloomberg Law after graduation?
Graduating law students: Your access to these legal research databases continues even after graduation. Some of the vendors require you to fill out an online form. See special instructions below.
Bloomberg Law- Students have access for 6 months after they graduate. No extension of the password is needed.
Lexis – Students have two options for access after graduation.
- Access to Lexis will continue for graduating law students until Dec. 31, 2014 but students must fill out an application form.
- ASPIRE Program- graduates working for a non-profit or charitable organization can apply for a special ASPIRE ID for access to Lexis through Sept. 1, 2015. To apply, fill out the Graduate ID Program application form at www.lexisnexis.com/grad-access. You will need to provide verifying documentation. More information.
Westlaw – there are three levels of access after graduation.
- Research Access: Students have access for 6 months after they graduate if they extend their password. Use the Westlaw password Extension Form for graduating law students.
- Job Searching Access on WestlawNext: Students have access for one year after they graduate to use the job related databases, like the Directory.
- Study Aid Subscription: Students have access to www.lawschool.westlaw.com, TWEN, and Study Aid Subscription for 18 months after graduation.
Questions: Contact Lynn Lenart, firstname.lastname@example.org , 330-972-6357.