Seeking volunteer opportunities? See below!

Attention law students! The Summit Legal Defender’s Office is seeking volunteer law students to assist with various cases and tasks at the office, including assisting the Legal Defenders with reviewing body camera footage. This will offer great experience and exposure to the field of criminal law. No intern certificate is required. If you are interested in volunteering for the summer, please email your resume to Dean O’Brien: ab139@uakron.edu. Time is of the essence as this busy office needs assistance! Resumes will be forwarded as received. Thank you!

A message from the Akron Bar:

“I am looking for two (or three) volunteers to assist pinning sashes on the Judges as part of law week before they process down the aisle.  This year, several Federal Judges will likely be present (along with State and Local Judges) because Judge Alice Batchelder from the Sixth Circuit will be honored at the Red Mass.  There will be additional security at the event in light of the Judges in attendance.

I  would ask that the volunteers arrive at St. Bernard’s Church by 11am on Friday, May 4, so that I can explain to them what they will do.  I would ask that they stay through the Mass and then help me collect and organize the sashes.  The Mass typically lasts 1 hour and fifteen minutes.  I anticipate total involvement to be from 11am to 2:00pm.  The lunch immediately follows Mass and they would be invited to stay.”

If interested in volunteering, please email Ms. Angelina Gingo: angelina.gingo@gmail.com.