This Week’s Early Start Bar Study Sessions will be:
- Thursday 1:00 – 3:00 – Secured Transaction
- Friday 11:00 – 1:00 – Secured Transaction (same essay as Thursday)
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – Professional Responsibility
All sessions meet in L-325 – The study group is intended for July examinees – but anyone interested in getting a head start on the bar exam is welcome.
Alumni Panel Discussion on the Bar Exam in ALA
- (Today) Wednesday L-160 3:00
- (Tomorrow) Thursday L-140 6:30
If you’re graduating in May, you’re welcome to drop into the class on either day. Each panel has 4 recent Akron alums who will share their experiences preparing for the bar exam, taking the bar exam, and the long wait for scores after the exam!
The panels run from the start of class for 2 hours, or until the questions run out.
Welcome to the marathon! The July 2018 Early Start Bar Study Group(s) will be meeting in L-325 through July 21.
- Thursday 1:00 – 3
- Friday 11:00 – 1:00
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30
If you’re planning on taking a July 2018 bar exam, or just want a big head start for a later bar exam, you’re welcome to join us.
The study groups are a relatively painless way to get a head start on the 100+ essays you should write to be well prepared for the bar exam. They are also a good way to start to learn those bar subjects you skipped during your law school career, or to refresh your memory about subjects that you took so long ago that you barely remember them.
No commitment, no advance preparation required, no attendance requirements, pick a day, any day . . . it doesn’t have to be the same day each week. If you don’t have outlines from your bar vendor yet, I’ve got outlines. See how easy that is?
This week’s essays:
- Thursday/Friday: Wills
- Saturday: ACJ (Criminal Procedure in bar lingo)
Questions? Nancy Reeves – email@example.com – or drop by L-217C
The time slots for the July 2018 Early Start Bar Study Group have been narrowed to 5:
- Monday 11:00- 1:00
- Thursday 1:00 – 3:00
- Friday 11:00 – 1:00
- Friday 1:00 – 3:00
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30
If you are planning to take a bar exam this July, let me know here which day(s) are best for you. (Ignore the specific dates – we’ll meet weekly until the bar exam, or until the group decides it’s no longer helpful)
(You’re welcome to participate in the poll, even if the bar exam is a bit farther off for you, but I’ll give priority to votes by people only have 130 days, give or take a day, left to study!)
This week’s sessions (L-325):
- Thursday 1-3: Evidence
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – Criminal Law
If the 130 day comment caught you off guard – feel free to join us and get started! It’s a painless way to start writing essays and refreshing your memory of subjects long-forgotten.
Last chance before the bar exam!
Thursday 1-3 PM Constitutional Law: Free Speech -L-325
Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 TBD- L-325
Thursday – No session – I’ll be on my way back from the bar exam
Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – First Early Start Session for the July 2018 Bar Exam. It’s your baby now, spring graduates! Let me know what subject matter you’d like to tackle!
(Within the next week or two you’ll have an opportunity to vote to keep the Thursday/Saturday sessions – or pick new times for the July Early Start sessions)
Three opportunities for bar prep at Akron Law this week:
- Tuesday: 8:30 – 3:30 – L-202: Simulation of the Tuesday portion of the bar exam. This is timed to coincide with the Themis Written Exam Simulation. Feel free to take advantage of the opportunity to see what Tuesday of the bar exam, even if Themis is not your vendor.
- BYO Material (all vendors provide at least one exam simulation). (If you have already used yours, or don’t have one available, let me know and I’ll find one for you.)
- There is a class in L-202 at 4 PM – so if you arrive late, you may need to move to finish the exam
- Thursday 1:00 – 3:00 – L-325: (Early Start) Study Group – Topic change: We’ll be writing a Contracts: Third Party Beneficiary essay, with a brief topic overview ahead of time
- Saturday 10:30 – 5:00 PM – L-325: Issue Spotting Marathon & Half-Day Hangout
- We’ll run through as many essays as anyone has the stamina for, starting at 10:30.
- ALA students – if you’re attending Saturday, instead of your class this week – be prepared – this session will be moving pretty quickly
- We’ll break at around 12:30-1:00 for homemade food (no more Jimmy Johns – yay!):
- Minestrone soup
- Hummus (multiple varieties – let me know if you need gluten free)
- Freshly baked bread
- Maybe Cookies (if Ms. Armstrong gets ambitious!)
- Once people are done with a first round of food***, and I’ve started a second loaf of bread baking, we’ll pick back up with the issue spotting marathon. (***the after food-activity is subject to the whim of those present)