Junior Leadership Akron is seeking a law student to assist with a program being held on campus on Tuesday, October 15. The student would be responsible for meeting a group of high school students at the Honors Common at 12:15 pm, walking them to the law school, and conducting a brief tour of the building.
If you are interested assisting, please contact Professor Joann Sahl, who is coordinating the Junior Leadership event on October 15. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.Read More
Maplewood Career Center in Ravenna, OH (about 30 minutes east of Akron) is seeking several law students to speak to high school students entering their Legal Academy this year. The intent of the panel is to address life as a law student, as well as your educational and professional history leading up to law school.
The panel will run from 6-7 pm on Thursday, September 26.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Renee Hauler, who is the director of the Legal Academy at Maplewood. Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and her phone number is 330.296.2892, x551033.Read More
The Admissions Office would like to publicly thank the following students for their assistance during Orientation Week, August 19 through 23:
Jasmine Coleman, Joe DelGallo, Brianna Hill, Cathy Nagy, Nikhil Paul, and Shelby Rainier for helping with Check-In on Monday, August 19.
Amanda Smith for doing photography during our icebreaker and dinner on Monday, August 19.
Jess Replogle and Joe DelGallo for leading campus tours.
Dan Boyer, Jess Replogle, Suzanne Schick, and Timothy Weimer for leading law school tours.
Annette Boulard, Hillary Conidi, Casey Davis, Keith Dye, Brianna Hill, and Vinny Sawyer for sitting on the “My First Year” panel.
Annette Boulard, Jenna Bucklew, Christopher Crull, and Steven Kirby (and their spouses) for sitting on the Spouses/Partners/Significant Others panel discussion.
Jessica Peplowski, Elayna Saad, and Rachel Scava for assisting with check-in at the welcome dinner on Friday, 8/23 at the John S. Knight Center.
Jessica Peplowski and Lee Potts for addressing our new students at the welcome dinner.
New student orientation is a huge undertaking, and it wouldn’t work without the help of our students. Thank you all so much for making orientation such a smooth process this year.
On July 27, 2013, we hosted an open house for prospective students, most of whom are considering starting law school in the fall of 2014. The program was highly successful: more than 80 guests were in attendance, and many people went out of their way to tell me and Mary how much they enjoyed the event.
Mary and I would like to publicly thank the following individuals for their assistance on Saturday:
- Gary Spring and Marty Belsky for teaching mock law classes
- Law student Rachel Scava for assisting with check-in
- Law students Justin Burns, Jackie Cabonor, Joseph DelGallo, Evan Grasse, Patrick Hanley, Olivia Kotter, Christina McClish, Phil Orenstein, Ashley Wakefield, and Jonathan Wolnik for serving as panelists and tour guides
- Alumni Jennifer Hamey (‘06), Alan Medvick (‘06), Mike Pfahl (‘04), Jack Pierson (‘82), and Larry Tucker (‘84) for serving as panelists
Events like these simply don’t work without the assistance of faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Thanks to all for your help and support.
Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Attention returning law students:
The Admissions Office requests student volunteers to assist with the following aspects of Orientation Week (August 19 through 23):
- Check-In – Monday, August 19, 1:30 to 6:30: We are looking for several students to work in one to two hour shifts (or longer, if you’re available) assisting our new students with getting checked in.
- Campus Tour – Monday, August 19, 2:30 to 3:30 pm: Three to five law students are needed to guide a brief tour of some of the high points around campus. We will provide you with a map and some talking points.
- Law School Tour – Monday, August 19, 3:30 to 4:30 pm: Three to five law students are needed to guide a brief tour of the law school. We will provide you with talking points to help you along if you have never given a building tour before.
- Bike Ride with Dean Jordan – Tuesday, August 20, 9 to 10 am: Dean Jordan is leading a bike tour along part of the towpath trail. We are seeking some upper-division law students to join in.
- My First Year Panel Discussion – Tuesday, August 20, 5 to 6 pm: Three to six law students are needed to lead a panel discussion about their experience in the first year of law school (dinner provided).
- Spouses, Partners, and Significant Others Panel Discussion – Tuesday, August 20, 6 to 7 pm: Three or four law students who are married, engaged, or in committed relationships are needed to lead this panel discussion that focuses on the challenges of maintaining a healthy relationship while in law school.
- Hike in a MetroPark with Prof. McBurney – Wednesday, August 21, 9 to 10 am: Prof. McBurney is leading a hike on one of the hiking trails in the Akron MetroParks. We are seeking some upper-division students to join in.
- Orientation Dinner Check-In – Friday, August 23, 5 to 7:30 pm – One to three law students are needed to assist with check-in at the Orientation Dinner at the John S. Knight Center (dinner provided).
If you would like to assist with any of the aspects of Orientation Week, please email Adam Messner at email@example.com at your earliest opportunity. In your response, please be sure to indicate with which aspects of Orientation you would like to assist. You will receive a message from Adam the week prior to Orientation to confirm your participation.Read More