Please RSVP hereRead More
The July 2015 Ohio Bar Exam will be held at the Roberts Centre, located off I-71 between Columbus and Cincinnati.
There is a Holiday Inn on site with 100 rooms: 937-283-3200 (locally) or 1-800-654-7036
There are several hotels within 20 miles of the site:
- Wilmington Inn, Wilmington, OH, 6.6 miles, 855-828-1972
- Hampton Inn, Wilmington, OH, 9.3 miles, 937-382-4400
- Holiday Inn Express, Wilmington, OH, 9.34 miles, 937-382-5858
- Hampton Inn, Jeffersonville, OH, 15.5 miles, 740-948-9499
- Baymont Inn, Jeffersonville, OH, 15.6 miles, 740-948-2104
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, Jeffersonville, OH, 16.09 miles, 740-948-9305
- Ramada Inn, Xenia, OH, 16.38 miles, 937-372-9921
- Hearthstone Inn & Suite, Cedarville, OH, 19.29 miles, 855-802-2162
- Quality Inn, Jeffersonville, OH, 19.4 miles, 740-426-4600
- Holiday Inn Express, Dayton-Centerville, OH, 20.32 miles, 800-315-2621
We will begin negotiations for a block of rooms for Akron students, but if it is important for you to have an on-site (or “close”) room, you may want to make a reservation very quickly!
Nancy Reeves, Assistant Director of Academic Success
Hearing rumors that there are no hotel rooms left? Don’t panic!
The Board of Bar Examiners has not yet decided where the July 2015 Ohio bar exam will be held. It may not even be held in Columbus. They have suggested that an announcement will be made around March 1.
Background: The Convention Center booked a very large convention for dates overlapping the July 2015 bar exam. Not only did the convention book the Convention Center, they put a hold on virtually all of the hotel rooms within easy distance of the Convention Center for those dates – hence the rumors that there are no rooms available. The Board of Bar Examiners has been working since the conflict was discovered to find an alternate location.
When I know something, I’ll pass it on to you! In the mean time, if you have questions about the bar exam, feel free to stop by (L-315) or send me an e-mail: email@example.com. Or drop in to the Half-Day Hangout on Saturday where I’ll answer your questions AND feed you!
Nancy Reeves, Assistant Director of Academic Success ProgramsRead More
ATTENTION May 2015 GRADUATES
Are you taking the July Ohio Bar Exam?*
If yes, then here is your opportunity to begin to prepare.
Akron Law is offering a free workshop series called ESSENTIAL LEGAL CONCEPTS (ELC) to help prepare you for the upcoming July bar exam. The workshop will focus on your understanding of the bar exam and provide you with essential skills needed to effectively study for the Ohio Bar exam. Akron Law strongly encourages your enrollment in this workshop, although it is not designed to replace any bar exam preparation course you are taking, but rather to be a supplement.
The workshops will be held on the following days from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Law School (Room L-152):
Saturday, February 7 – Introduction to the Ohio Bar Exam (Taped for later viewing)
Saturday, February 14 – Focus on the Ohio Essay Exam
Saturday, February 21 – Focus on the Multistate Bar Exam
Saturday, February 28 – Focus on the Multistate Performance Test
Three sessions remain. You are invited to attend these three, even if you could not make the first session. The first session was taped and will be available later this week. Contact Nancy Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org for access
*If you are a current student and not taking the Ohio bar, the course may not be catered to your specific bar exam, but you are still welcome to participate.
To register, please contact Nancy Reeves at email@example.com or sign up here. Please register even if you might have to miss one session. You will still benefit from attending as many of the classes as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the workshop in general, please contact Adjunct Professor Michael Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
Stop in for soup and answers to your questions about the bar exam
Saturday, February 14, 2015
12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
With Nancy Reeves, Assistant Director of Academic Success Programs
Next Saturday will be the first Half-Day Hangout for bar exam preparation. The primary purpose is to provide last minute assistance to the February examinees. Feel free to drop in even if your bar exam is still in the distant future, if you have questions about the bar exam, or just happen to be hanging around the law school next Saturday afternoon and are in the mood for a bowl of soup.
What to expect
- Soup & study break (If you care about what kind of soup might be available, vote here)
- Informal Q&A
- Exam samples and/or simulations – Ohio essays, Multistate Practice Tests, Multistate Bar Exam (multiple choice)
- Springboard Bar Exam Resource launch (Ultimately this will contain a bank of Ohio essays, MPT questions, practice multiple choice quizzes, links to important information, etc.)
- Informal repeat of any of the series of Bar Preparation workshops offered this past month (Essay Structure, MPT Outline Process, MBE Strategies, State Essays: Making up the Rules, and MPT Exam Simulation)
- 100 day & 70 day study plans for the bar exam