Group essay write (and informal Q&A on how to make sense of your bar prep course) – L-325
- Thursday: 1-3 – Property (mortgages)
- Friday : 11-1 – Property (mortgages)
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – Corporations
The specific essays are from past Ohio bar exams – it’s a painless way to start (or continue) your bar preparation. Come join us!
The deadline for a late application to take the July 2018 bar examination is May 10, 2018. The dates for the July 2018 Ohio bar examination are July 24 – 26, 2018.
Please see the Supreme Court of Ohio Bar Admissions website for deadline information here, and application information here.
Please email Law Student Affairs at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you!
The Early Start Bar Study Groups this week will serve as reviews for the ALA final exam. All sessions meet in L-325 (unless we get too big for our britches as we did last Sunday, then look for us in 280 or 281)
- Wednesday 7:00 – 9:00 – Contracts & Negligence (Sorry for the late start- my daughter has an art show from 6-8)
- Thursday 1:00 – 3:00 – Intentional Tort & Contracts
- Friday 11:00 – 1:00 – Negligence & Intentional Tors
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – Contracts & Negligence
Even if you’re not in ALA, you’re welcome to join any of the sessions to get a head start on writing Essays for the bar exam & a refresher on Torts and Contracts!
The goal is for you to be able to spend 3 hours total and review one of each of the kinds of essays that will be on the ALA final. It is an ambitious goal to work through 2 essays in an hour – but you’re up to it! (All essays are taken from the Ohio bar exam – and are similar to those on the UBE exam, so they are good practice for anyone thinking about taking a bar exam.)
Next week we drop back to 3 sessions (Wed, Thu, and Sat), and you pick the topics. I’ve already heard requests for Secured Transactions.
The Early Start Bar Study Groups this week (and next week) will serve as reviews for the ALA final exam – and will meet at different times this week because I have prior commitments on Friday and Saturday. All sessions meet in L-325
- Wednesday 6:30 – 8:30 – MPT write
- Thursday 1:00 – 3:00 – MPT write
- Sunday 1:00 – 3:000 MPT write
(No Friday or Saturday groups this week)
Even if you’re not in ALA, you’re welcome to join any of the sessions to get a head start on writing MPTs for the bar exam!
We’ll walk through as much as we can get through in 2 hours. I’ll have a sample answer available so you can check the parts we didn’t get to.
(Next week the sessions will be double sessions – and we’ll write contracts and tort essays similar to those on the final exam.)
This Week’s Early Start Bar Study Sessions will be:
- Thursday 1:00 – 3:00 – Secured Transaction
- Friday 11:00 – 1:00 – Secured Transaction (same essay as Thursday)
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – Professional Responsibility
All sessions meet in L-325 – The study group is intended for July examinees – but anyone interested in getting a head start on the bar exam is welcome.
Alumni Panel Discussion on the Bar Exam in ALA
- (Today) Wednesday L-160 3:00
- (Tomorrow) Thursday L-140 6:30
If you’re graduating in May, you’re welcome to drop into the class on either day. Each panel has 4 recent Akron alums who will share their experiences preparing for the bar exam, taking the bar exam, and the long wait for scores after the exam!
The panels run from the start of class for 2 hours, or until the questions run out.