The Fall 2014 Exam Room Assignments are now posted at: http://www.uakron.edu/law/curriculum/registration.dot
The download period for exams is well under way. If you have not downloaded SofTest and your exams, please do so as soon as possible. This semester we are trying something a little different. We are not putting a deadline on the download period. In the past, it has proven to be a bad decision because students waited until the very last minute to download and had issues. Please do not let history repeat itself. Also below are a few things to remember about Examsoft.
- Most professors have a default of 10 questions on every Examsoft exam file that you download. That means you could potentially have blank questions when you submit the exam or not have enough questions in the software. If the latter is the case, then most professors ask students to just specify the number of the question within the answer.
- Do not leave the room after your exam until you receive the screen that has the green check mark congratulating you on a successful upload.
- Be sure to have your computer’s power plugged in.
- PC users will not have to input their student ID when starting an exam. However Mac users will.
- Show up to your exam at least 15 minutes early.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office. Thanks and good luck with exams!!Read More
This is a reminder to please turn in your Special Exam Accommodations Request if you intend to use Accommodations for your Fall 2014 exams. I have extended the deadline to turn in these forms until Friday, November 14, 2014. The form to complete this request is located at: http://www.uakron.edu/dotAsset/ca2c7613-836b-4bf1-875a-f273d3671124.pdf.
If you are in need of a temporary accommodation (that has not been requested in past semesters):
You will need to provide the Dean’s Office with a medical excuse from your attending physician with your response/request for a temporary, one-time accommodation.
If you have a permanent or long-term accommodation:
You must be registered with the University’s Office of Accessibility and must re-register every semester you are in attendance at The University of Akron. Contact information for that office may be found at :http://www.uakron.edu/access/index.php.
Examsoft has announced support for OSX 10.10 (Yosemite). The current version should be compatible. However all PC and Mac users should be running the latest version to ensure there are less problems. Instructions for updating the software can be found here. Please stop by our office if you have any troubles. Thanks!!Read More
Examsoft does not officially support SofTest on Mac OSX Yosemite (10.10) yet. Please hold off on making the upgrade if you plan on using that particular computer to take your final exams. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!!