Attention May 2017 Graduates:
Reminder that all community service and pro bono hours required for graduation must be completed and logged on Symplicity no later than April 1st at Midnight. The holiday break is a great chance to volunteer your time and earn your hours!
If you have questions, or want to check your reported hours to date, please contact Assistant Dean O’Brien.
Thank you!Read More
12th annual Gift of Christmas outreach to the residents of Stark County homeless shelters. The event will be held on Saturday, December 3rd, from 10:00 AM until 7:00 PM. We estimate 130 guests (men, women, and children) will participate from area shelters. Frontline Ministries is partnering with the following agencies:
- The Family Living Center Homeless Shelter in Massillon
- Canton YWCA
- Refuge of Hope Ministries in Canton An overview of the Gift of Christmas activities includes:
- Guests will be fed lunch and transported to local retailers to shop for personal needs and family Christmas gifts with donated funds.
- Following Christmas shopping, our guest will spend the remaining time at Frontline Worship Center in Jackson Township for more activities.
- In a festive Christmas atmosphere, our guests will wrap their purchased Christmas gifts, select from articles of donated clothing, and participate in family and Christmas activities.
- Guests will be served a sit-down holiday banquet with all the trimmings, accompanied by joyful entertainment.
- A Christmas presentation will be offered after banquet which will include drama, dance, worship, and an inspirational message of hope. Our goal is to raise $10,000 to facilitate this outreach. If you would like to financially contribute, checks can be made payable to Frontline Ministries International and sent in the enclosed envelope (please designate: The Gift of Christmas). You can also donate on-line at www.frontline-ministries.org
If you would like to volunteer your time or services please contact us at 330-837-8399. Or email Amanda Bridenstine: email@example.comRead More
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is looking for volunteers interested in sharing their skills, talent and knowledge with our community volunteering to prepare tax returns.
As a volunteer, you will interact with people who need help preparing their tax returns at no cost to them. We are looking for volunteers to serve as Site Coordinators, Instructors, Greeters, Screeners and Tax Preparers.
If preparing taxes is not your ideal volunteer assignment we still have a volunteering spot for you.
Contact Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Administrator @330-572-8277 or firstname.lastname@example.orgRead More
The Copley High School Speech and Debate team is looking for individuals that are willing to judge at tournaments on Saturdays. This is a great way to see future lawyers in action. If interested, please email head coach, Shannon Rote at Shannon.Rote@Copley-Fairlawn.org The schedule for the season is below:
Speech and Debate Team Schedule: 2016-2017
3 Olmsted Falls
9 & 10 GlenOak
11 (snow date) Littles-Wadsworth
17 & 18 Bigs-COPLEY
3-4 State Finals-Olmsted Falls and Berea
**Schedule is subject to Change**
Volunteering counts toward your community service hours requirement.Read More
The Expungement Clinic helps low-income Summit County residents seal the record of their criminal convictions. A sealed record enables many people better access to jobs, housing, and volunteer opportunities. Students will learn integral skills in the legal field including filing paperwork with the court, drafting motions, interviewing real clients, and communicating with clients both through the mail and over the phone. Students who are eligible for a legal intern certificate will have ample opportunities to appear in court and present an oral argument.
A student commitment to the Expungement Clinic can be for as few or as many hours as the student pleases. We do ask that you commit to at least one of our upcoming Saturday Outreach Clinics so we know how many volunteers we will have at each clinic.
(1) Saturday October 29, 2016 (2) Saturday November 12, 2016
All hours qualify as ProBono Limited Means.
There will be a mandatory training session. We will schedule the training the week of October 24-28, once we receive feedback from volunteers. Please indicate your availability for training in the email. The training is approximately 30 minutes. Interested students or questions please RSVP to Heather Staab at email@example.com.