Need a break from being called on in class? Buy yourself some immunity!
Each ticket is good for one class period and must be given to your professor before class begins. You can “buy” a ticket by donating two canned goods or donating $1.
More information about when tickets can be purchased and what professors are participating can be found here:
Reminder – Sign-up for the Client Counseling Competition – November 17th – December 15th online at: Client Counseling Student Sign-Up
Join our coach – Dean Matthew Wilson – for the Team Information Sessions on November 18th (Room 151) and November 19th (Room 165) at 5:30pm on both nights. At least one team member should attend.
Mark you calendars for the Intra-School Competition on January 13 and 14th with the Final Intra-School Round on January 15th!
Winners will represent Akron Law in the Regional Competition in Pittsburg, PA (February) and Winners move on the the National Rounds!!Read More
“Join Phi Alpha Delta on Thursday, November 13 at 12:20 in W-206 as we present ‘How to do it all’ with Attorney and President Elect of the Akron Bar Association Lawrence J. Scanlon. Mr. Scanlon will talk about what it is like to do pre-trial, trial, and appellate proceedings. He will also speak about the non-legal aspects of being an attorney. SNACKS AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED!”Read More
THE CLIENT COUNSELING COMPETITION IS HERE!!
Dean Matthew Wilson looks forward to hosting an IntraSchool Competition on January 13, 14 and 15th to determine the teams that will represent Akron Law in the 2015 ABA Client Counseling Competition! All students – 1L, 2L, 3L and 4L are welcome to participate.
Entering the competition is easy!
1) Find another law student to serve as your team member
2) Sign-up online: Client Counseling Competition Team Sign-Up or at the Front Desk of the Dean’s Suite
3) Join Dean Wilson who will be coaching this years team at one of two information sessions on Tuesday, November 18th (Room 151) and Wednesday, November 19th (165) from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. Please send at least one team member to the information session.
4) Join us on January 13, 14, & 15th for the competition. The time and room assignments will be sent to teams in December
5) Winning teams will be sent to the February 2015 Regional Competition in Pittsburgh, PA
Moot Court Honor Society – second training session Wednesday, November 12, 2014 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm in Room W-206
Moot Court Honor Society will be hosting a second training session Wednesday, November 12, 2014 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm in Room W-206. Five local attorneys will be speaking about brief writing. All students are encouraged to attend this session. Pizza will be served, compliments of Bloomberg Law!
Please email Monica Dobson (MLL71@zips.uakron.edu) if you have any questions.