|Intersession I||5 Week One||10 Week||5 Week Two||Intersession II|
|Last day to add without signatures||Sun. May 13, 2018||Sat., June 2, 2018||Fri., June 1, 2018||Tues., July 3, 2018||Sun., Aug. 5, 2018|
|Last day to add with Instructor and Asst. Dean signatures||Mon., May 14, 2018||Thurs., June 7, 2018||Thurs., June 7, 2018||Fri., July 6, 2018||Mon. Aug. 6, 2018|
|Last day to drop without “WD” appearing on academic record||Mon., May 14, 2018||Thurs., June 7, 2018||Thurs., June 7, 2018||Fri., July 6, 2018||Mon., Aug. 6, 2018|
|Last Day to withdraw||Sat., May 19, 2018||Fri., June 29, 2018||Thurs., June 28, 2018||Tues., July 17, 2018||Sat., Aug. 11, 2018|
|Grade Due Dates|
|Exam Date:||Sun., May 27, 2018||Fri., June 29, 2018||Fri., Aug. 3, 2018||Fri., Aug. 3, 2018||Sun., Aug. 19, 2018|
|PR: Fri., June 22, 2018|
|Grade Rosters Available:||Thurs., May 24, 2018||Sat., Jun 30, 2018||Sat., Aug. 4, 2018||Sat., Aug 4, 2018||Thurs., Aug. 16, 2018|
|Grades Due||Tues., June 5, 2018||Thurs., July 12, 2018||Thurs., Aug. 16, 2018||Thurs., Aug. 16, 2018||Tues., Aug. 28, 2018|
|Grades Posted||Wed., June 6, 2018||Fri., July 13, 2018||Fri., Aug. 17, 2018||Fri., Aug. 17, 2018||Wed., Aug. 29, 2018|
|Transcripts Available||Wed., August 29, 2018|
Spring 2018 Class Rankings are now available on Brightspace. Here’s how to access the rankings:
- Login to My Akron on the the UA website
- In My Akron, go to the “My Experience” tab
- Click on the orange B, “Brightspace” link
- Scroll down and click “View All Courses”
- Click on the Law School Resources
- Click on Course Materials in the top menu bar
- Select Content
- Scroll down to Class Rankings
Please read the introductory information before reviewing your ranking so that you will understand were your GPA will appear. If you have any questions, please contact Liz Wascak (email@example.com) for assistance.
AkronLawJobs No. 9379 Overview: Seeking bilingual and multilingual law students to staff an 8 to 10-week contract cataloging project for a Midwest-based client. The company operates internationally and has multiple project position available. Project will begin on June 18, 2018
Duties: Work from home! Read, review and tag search terms on leases and other contracts for the company. Training will be provided by the company for the project scheduled to begin on June 18th.
Qualifications: Finished a minimum of your 1L year, 2L 3L. Speak any of these languages: Spanish, German, Dutch, Mandarin, French, Danish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian or Polish.
How to Apply: Send your resume to Katie Lange, Director of Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call her at (513) 500-4881.
Deadline: June 15, 2018
The first of 5 bar prep workshops will be held this week!
- Essay Structure Workshop: Tuesday, June 5: 1:30 PM – L-201 or Wednesday, June 6: 5:30 PM – L-202
Graders spend an average of 2-3 minutes reading each of your essays. Those 2-3 minutes will determine whether you will earn a license to practice law. Learn to make your essay grader-friendly so that those minutes count!
- [Note: ALA alumni are absolutely welcome to join this session for a refresher, but it is very similar to the introduction to essay writing in ALA.]
- Food & informal Q&A starts at 1:00/6:00; the workshop starts at 1:30/6:30 PM and will last no more than an hour and a half.
- Please bring your computer (if you expect to take the exam using a computer), an electronic version of any essay you have written, OR 2 paper copies of your essay and multiple highlighters of different colors)
- All workshops available by webex: https://uakron.webex.com/join/nlr22
- Sign up here so I make sure to bring enough food!
(Note: If you were unable to sign up for ALA in the fall, due to schedule conflicts, but wanted to build an equivalent experience – this is one of the places to start!)
Remainder of the workshops (all Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday evening EXCEPT the second)
- Wednesday, June 13 (both afternoon and evening) – MPT Organizing Strategies
- Tuesday, June 19/Wednesday, June 20 – Making up the Rules
- Tuesday, June 26/Wednesday June 27 – MBE Strategies and Tactics:
- Tuesday, July 10/Wednesday, July 11 – MPT Exam Simulation
- Saturday, July 14, 12:00 – 5:00 PM: Half-day Hangout (Not a workshop – but Saturday may turn into a marathon issue spotting session)
We are excited to announce the addition of 3 courses for Fall 2018, which are now open for registration:
(77748) 9200:688-002 Legal Drafting for International Practice (2 cr.) w/ Prof. Sarah Cravens. This course will meet on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
(77751) 9200:684-005 Securities Regulation (2 cr.) w/ Prof. Padfield. This course will meet on Thursdays from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
(77747) 9200:805-801 Licensing Intellectual Property (3 cr.) w/ Adjunct Prof. Louis Wagner. This course will meet on Wednesdays from 6:30 – 9:30 PM.