Our annual service awards celebration will be TUESDAY, April 24 from 2-3:30 pm in Bierce 351 (Staff Room).
We’ll be celebrating:
Employee Service Milestones
Graduating Senior Student Assistants
Outstanding Student Employee Award Recipients
Mark your calendar and please share with your students… there will be cake!
Based on feedback gathered during space study surveys in the Spring, we’ve updated and upgraded several services and programs for students this fall.
- MakerStudio Move Relocated to the ground floor of Bierce, the expanded MakerStudio is a great place to explore and work collaboratively
- Media Collection Featured on First Floor Browse the DVDs, CDs and newspapers in their new location in the first floor Learning Commons in Bierce
- Refreshed Study Rooms Each study room in Bierce got a new coat of paint and freshly cleaned carpets
- New Equipment for Lending More calculators, cameras, tripods, and fresh laptops for checkout
- New Furniture One person tables and new chairs for quiet individual study on the 3rd floor of Bierce and bean bags on the ground floor. Plus four mobile whiteboards on the 2nd and 3rd floor.
- New Lockers at the Science and Technology Library. Program your own code and use one of the nine lockers throughout the day.
- New Learning Management System Brightspace, formerly Springboard, is our upgraded web-based course management system.
- New Series of Events Gather @ the Library is a series of events curated by the University Libraries. Weekly events range from workshops and author talks to discussions.
We’re launching the Gather @ the Library series this Fall. This is a series of events curated by the University Libraries to help campus share strategies, progress and companionship all in a low-stress environment. Weekly events will feature workshops, author talks, and discussions.
Check out the line-up: GatherFall2017
The dogs are back and so much more next week at the library. Monday, May 1 through Friday, May 5, students will be able to enjoy some stress-reducing, free and fun activities.
- WagTime Therapy Dogs will visit in Bierce Monday- Friday at lunch (11am-1pm). *NEW hours* More therapy dogs will be visiting from 5-6pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. SIGN UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER
- *NEW* Coffee with the Cops Wednesday morning 10am-noon- free coffee and cookies.
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts will be first come first served in Bierce Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.
- Late-night coffee will be offered nightly in Bierce and Science Libraries from 8-11 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Other popular activities like PB&J deli, button and magnet making, coloring tables and more will be available throughout the week.
Bierce Library will also have extended hours during pre-finals and finals week- staying open until 1am Sunday through Thursday each week.
For more information and a schedule of events, please contact Stephanie
Except for travel that has already been approved and regular business travel for OhioLINK, travel funds are now frozen through the end of the fiscal year (June).
We’ll be streaming the ACRL Choice webinar titled “REIMAGINING THE ACADEMIC LIBRARY” on April 21, 2016 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm ET in Bierce 274. Mark your calendar if you are interested in attending- thanks!
Rethinking Race runs Jan 29- Feb 12. Check out all the campus events here: http://www.uakron.edu/race/index.dot
Several events will be held in Bierce throughout the week, here’s the list: BierceRTREvents
A UA Press cover submitted by Amy Freels was selected as a winner in the 2016 Book, Jacket and Journal Show.
Judging for the show took place January 21-22 at the AAUP Central Office in New York City. This year, 258 books, 3 Journals, and 348 jacket and cover designs were submitted for a total of 609 unique entries. The jurors carefully selected 37 books and 40 jackets and covers as the very best examples from this pool of excellent design.
The 2016 Book, Jacket, and Journal Show will premiere at the AAUP Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, June 16-18, 2016. Afterward, the show will be exhibited at member presses around the country from September 2016 through May 2017.
Whoa- PreFinals week is here already! Monday, December 7 through Friday, December, 11, students will be able to enjoy some stress-reducing, free and fun activities.
• WagTime Therapy Dogs will visit each day noon to 2pm.
• Krispy Kreme doughnuts will be first come first served Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.
• Late-night coffee will be offered nightly in Bierce and Science Libraries from 8-11 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Sign up for dog duty will be coming shortly.