Please join me in recognizing our colleagues for their recent scholarly and professional activity. I apologize if I missed any of your recent accomplishments. Please e-mail me directly and I will include you in the next listing.
– Panel Session “Zen and the Art of a Sierra Migration” at the Eastern Great Lakes Innovative Users Group Conference. September 21, 2012 in Akron, OH.
– Co-Presented “Implementing Sierra” at the Eastern Great Lakes Innovative Users Group Conference. September 21, 2012 in Akron, OH.
– Presented “Demand Driven Acquisitions” at the Eastern Great Lakes Innovative Users Group Conference. September 21, 2012 in Akron, OH.
– Accepted and started a 3-three year appointment as a System Functional Expert for the Innovative Users Group.
– Received the Muslim Journeys Bookshelf collection as part of a National Endowment for the Humanities Bridging Cultures Initiative.
– Franks, Jeffrey A. Consult Me First: Building Consultative Relationships between Top-Level and Mid-Level Library Managers. In Managing in the Middle. Chicago: American Library Association, 2012.
– Franks, Jeffrey A. The Poor Administrator and You: Survival Tips for the Mid-Level Manager In Managing in the Middle. Chicago: American Library Association, 2012.
– Michael Hawkins. Review of Fischer, Klaus P., Hitler and America. H-German, H-Net Reviews. March, 2013, http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=36049.
– Gainer, Emily and Michelle Mascaro. “Faster Digital Output: Using Student Workers to Create Metadata for a Grant-Funded Project.” Provenance, v. 30 (2012):8-28.
– Bibliographic Standards Committee, Rare Books and Manuscripts Section, Association of College and Research Libraries. Examples to Accompany Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (Books). Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress Cataloging Distribution Service, 2013. In Catalogers Desktop. http://desktop.loc.gov. (Specifically, I am acknowledged in the introduction for conducting final proofreading and formatting of the examples.)
– Co-moderated with Christine DeZelar-Tiedman, University of Minnesota, a discussion session titled “Directing without a Script: Strategies for Successful Technical Services Project Management” at the Rare Book and Manuscript Section Preconference in Minneapolis, Minn., June 23-26, 2013.
– “RTÉ Archives: Raidio Teilifis Eireann” Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries 50.5 (2013): 840-.
– “Atlas of the Great Irish Famine.” Booklist 109.8 (2012): 27-.
– “The African American Electorate: A Statistical History.” Booklist 109.6 (2012): 28-.
– “Eyewitness to World War II: The Epic Story of History’s Greatest Conflict.” Booklist 109.6 (2012): 28-.
– “The Literature of War.” Booklist 109.6 (2012): 28-.