We’re launching the Gather @ the Library series this Fall. This is a series of events curated by the University Libraries to help campus share strategies, progress and companionship all in a low-stress environment. Weekly events will feature workshops, author talks, and discussions.
Check out the line-up: GatherFall2017
The dogs are back and so much more next week at the library. Monday, May 1 through Friday, May 5, students will be able to enjoy some stress-reducing, free and fun activities.
- WagTime Therapy Dogs will visit in Bierce Monday- Friday at lunch (11am-1pm). *NEW hours* More therapy dogs will be visiting from 5-6pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. SIGN UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER
- *NEW* Coffee with the Cops Wednesday morning 10am-noon- free coffee and cookies.
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts will be first come first served in Bierce Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.
- Late-night coffee will be offered nightly in Bierce and Science Libraries from 8-11 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Other popular activities like PB&J deli, button and magnet making, coloring tables and more will be available throughout the week.
Bierce Library will also have extended hours during pre-finals and finals week- staying open until 1am Sunday through Thursday each week.
For more information and a schedule of events, please contact Stephanie
Rethinking Race runs Jan 29- Feb 12. Check out all the campus events here: http://www.uakron.edu/race/index.dot
Several events will be held in Bierce throughout the week, here’s the list: BierceRTREvents
Whoa- PreFinals week is here already! Monday, December 7 through Friday, December, 11, students will be able to enjoy some stress-reducing, free and fun activities.
• WagTime Therapy Dogs will visit each day noon to 2pm.
• Krispy Kreme doughnuts will be first come first served Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.
• Late-night coffee will be offered nightly in Bierce and Science Libraries from 8-11 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Sign up for dog duty will be coming shortly.
University Libraries is hosting the second annual poster session in honor of Ada Lovelace Day. Posters showcase research by women in STEM fields at the University. The event is next Tuesday, Oct. 13 from 10 a.m. to noon in the Science and Technology Library.
This event highlights the University of Akron as a place where women produce excellent research to serve as role models and inspirations to younger women who will hopefully stand beside their own research someday.The poster session is open to the public.
Please note this update to the previous post about Rethinking Race events:
To Cross An Ocean Four Centuries Long, a recording of the play by Dr. Amanda Kamp, will be shown Wednesday, February 11th at 2pm in Bierce 154. Please consider joining us for this event, and be sure to check out the other Rethinking Race events scheduled throughout this month.
Join us for Ada Lovelace Day celebrating the achievements of women in STEM. The UL will be sponsoring a poster session featuring the work of 18 UA female graduate students in the Goodyear Polymer Center, 2nd Floor Atrium on Tuesday, October 14 from 10am-noon. Open to all!
The 2014 UA Week of Welcome will be the first week of Fall Semester, August 24-29.
We have three days of great events planned (Sun, Mon, Tues) at Bierce- see 2014 UL Week of Welcome Events for info on our events or check them out on the UA Week of Welcome Website.
What we need now are volunteers to make this happen! Please click on the link below and sign up to help out:
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Stephanie and she can sign you up manually.
Join us as we celebrate summer with a Big Summer Potluck! Sign-ups will be going around soon.
Plates, silverware & drinks will all be provided!
DATE: 8/8/2014 (Fri 11:30AM – 1:00PM)
LOCATION: Staff Room (Bierce 351)
If you’d like to sign up online, use this link: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C054AAFA723A7FE3-summer/18738995