Got a document with images you want to remove, but still save? The current version of Word offers a short-cut. Note: This only works with documents in the .docx format
1. Locate the file with images you want to extract – do not open it.
2. Rename the file from .docx to .zip
3. Confirm the rename.
4. Double click the file to open as a Zip file.
5. Open the ‘word’ folder, then ‘media’
6. Drag and drop the images to another folder to copy them.
7. Close the window, then rename the file as .docx
8. Confirm the rename and the file is back to how it was originally – with an extra copy of the images.