There is currently a bug in the Brightspace Groups feature. If you create either of these group categories:
- # of Groups
- Groups of #
If the course is not Active and started, Brightspace will not automatically enroll students into groups. For example, if your course is set to start on 1/13/20 and you create Groups today, the students will not be auto-enrolled.
- IMPORTANT NOTE – Please do NOT delete any of your groups if you have already created any group-based activities such as assignments or discussions.
- The best solution is to manually enroll your students in groups. To do this:
- On the Manage Groups page, click Enroll Users from the context menu of the category that contains the group (or groups) you want to enroll a user in.
- In the Search For field, search for the user you want to add. To see a list of users that need to be enrolled, use the Not Enrolled search option.
- To add users to groups, select the check boxes beside each user’s name.
- Clear check boxes to remove users from groups.
- Click Save.
We are sorry for the trouble this is causing. We are working with the vendor to get a solution. In the interim, if you need assistance, you can call 330-972-4455 during UA business hours. After hours, contact D2L at 1-877-325-7778 for 24/7/365 technical support.