Dennis N. LoConti

Office: Lake County Common Pleas Court – General Division

Age:

Residence: Mentor, OH

Email: dloconti@dennislocontilaw.com

Website: Dennis N. LoConti for Lake County Common Pleas Court Judge (Facebook), http://www.locontiforjudge.com

Occupation: Trial Attorney

Education: Graduate of Euclid Senior High School-1974; Graduate of Cleveland State University-1979; B.A. Business Administration Graduate of Cleveland Marshall College of Law 1982 – Juris Doctor

Work Experience: Experienced trial attorney in Civil and Criminal law for more than 35 years: **Injury law, criminal defense, employment and discrimination litigation, First Amendment Rights (Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech), business, contracts, tortuous interference, covenants not to compete, trade secrets, defamation, juvenile and family law, probate, and many other types of cases that come before the Common Pleas Courts; **Handled serious criminal matters, complicated civil cases and high profile cases covered by the various media; I am an experienced litigation attorney having handled numerous employment discrimination/wrongful discharge cases (gender, sexual harassment, race, ADA, and age), from their inception with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission or Equal Employment Opportunity Commission through trial and verdict in State and Federal Court, as well as Administrative Trials/Hearings with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. I have equally handled cases involving product liability, criminal defense, personal injury and various business lawsuits through trial and verdict, in jury and bench trial situations. My representation and successful results have occurred on both sides of the civil litigation arena, giving me broad experience in plaintiff and defendant oriented issues and concerns. My experience extends to complicated litigation, including the first Latex Glove Allergy lawsuit to go to trial in Cuyahoga County (employer intentional tort case), the defense of a 13 year old boy on Murder charges in New Philadelphia, Ohio in 1999 (case lasted 6 weeks), and the defense of several police officers in the 1991 FBI-Cleveland Police sting cases involving gambling and drug charges. I represented and recovered compensation for several Mothers and severely autistic children who were sexually molested at school by an employee who was one of the worst child molesters in Ohio history; Criminal trial experience includes cases of homicide, rape, robbery, burglary, felonious assault, kidnapping, drugs, public corruption, child endangering, and child abuse. **Successfully handled civil and criminal appeals before State and Federal Courts of Appeals; **Served as an Early Neutral Evaluator and Mediator for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Program of the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio; **Admitted to practice in all Ohio Courts including the Ohio Supreme Court, The United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and The United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals;

Family: Married to Deborah for 33 years with three (3) adult children. My oldest daughter works for the Alzheimer’s Association, my Son is a College Administrator and my youngest Daughter is a High School English Teacher.

Affiliations: Served for six (6) years as Legal Advisor/Coach/Mentor High School Mock Trial Team; Former Scoutmaster-Boy Scout Troop 175, Mentor and Mentor on the Lake (15 Eagle Scouts); **Have spent countless hours, days and weekends in volunteer service to youth in Lake County in order to help develop them into outstanding and patriotic adult citizens; Guest Speaker/Lecturer on law to High School students; **Began volunteering to visit high schools in the 1980’s and has continued this activity at Mentor High School in order to educate students about the dangers of driving under the influence and about court proceedings; Member – Fraternal Order of Eagles

Endorsements: Preferred endorsement by The Justinian Forum; Endorsed by UAW Northeast Ohio CAP Council

Bar Association Ratings: Recommended by the Lake County Bar Association

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

Currently serve as “Acting Judge” for the Mentor Municipal Court since 2016.

I am an experienced litigation attorney with a wide practice history in Criminal and Civil law. My experience includes cases of homicide, rape, robbery, burglary, felonious assault, kidnapping, drugs, public corruption, child endangering, and child abuse, as well as complicated civil litigation of employment discrimination/wrongful discharge cases (gender, sexual harassment, race, ADA, and age) through trial and verdict in State and Federal Courts, Administrative Trials/Hearings with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. I have equally handled cases involving product liability, personal injury, contracts, tortuous interference, covenants not to compete, trade secrets, defamation and various business lawsuits through trial and verdict, in jury and bench trial situations. I am experienced in First Amendment law having represented clients in defense of their rights to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion. My representation and successful results have occurred on both sides of the civil litigation arena, giving me broad experience in plaintiff and defendant oriented issues and concerns. I have had the opportunity to sharpen my trial and legal skills representing a number of business and government clients in complicated and involved civil matters. I will bring to the Court an understanding of how our Constitutional Rights and statutory laws apply equally to all individuals and entities that come to a court for resolution of disputes, as well as a maturity and calm professional demeanor that is the result of almost 36 years of legal practice in Ohio. I believe in a deep commitment to fair and impartial adjudication of cases, the utmost protection of Constitutional Rights, and the knowledge that respect for our Courts by the public demands that people feel that they had a fair opportunity to present their cases.

I would be honored to be given the opportunity to serve on the Bench after almost 36 years of practicing law and representing individuals and businesses in the courtroom. I can bring a wealth of experience, maturity, patience and a fresh perspective to our Court. Becoming a judge is about serving the community with all of the abilities that I have acquired during my career, and remembering why I became an attorney so long ago. I have spent my career helping people who were ill-equipped to represent themselves in the face of important and often tragic events in their lives, and the opportunity to change hats and take on the obligation of ensuring that people continue to have a Court that will provide justice is important to me. I believe that you contribute positively to your community and make it a better place for people to live by giving back, and I can do that effectively as a Judge. I want to protect and serve our community and I deeply believe in our legal process. I look forward to bringing my experience and commitment to the ideals of justice to this most important position of trust because a Judge is responsible to ensuring that the Courts remain the appropriate venue for the resolution of conflicts. That is why I want to become a Judge.