Dominick E. Olivito, Jr.

Office: Carroll County – Carroll County Court of Common Pleas Judge

Residence: Carrollton, OH

Email: reelectjudgeolivito@gmail.com

Website: Find us on Facebook @ re-elect Judge Olivito

Occupation: Carroll County Court of Common Pleas Judge

Education: J.D. from the University of Akron 1978; Passed the Ohio Bar Exam in 1978; Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science from Bowling Green State University 1975; 40 hours annually of Continuing Legal Education classes for the past 12 years; Death Penalty Qualification; Alternate Dispute Resolution Certification

Work Experience: I have been the Carroll County Court of Common Pleas Judge for the past 12 years. Prior to that, I owned a successful law practice for 29 years where I handled thousands of cases in the three areas of law over which I now preside as Judge – Civil, Domestic Relations and Felony Criminal. I tried 60 jury trials while in private practice, winning most of them. I was Death Penalty Qualified in my private practice. I am Death Penalty Qualified as Judge of the Carroll County Court of Common Pleas.

Family: Married for 41 years to Wife, Cindy who recently retired from the Carrollton Exempted School District where she had been an Early Childhood Pre-School Psychologist; My Son, Dr. Dominick J. Olivito, PhD Physics, is 34 years old married Father; my son, Jonathan N. Olivito, is a 31 year old married Attorney, practicing in Columbus, Ohio; my daughter, Kimberly L. Ehrman is a 27 year old, married Project Manager for FedEx.

Affiliations: Ohio State Bar Association; Carroll County Bar Association; American Judges Association; Ohio Judicial Conference; Ohio Common Pleas Judges Association; F.O.E. Eagles, Carrollton, Knights of Columbus Council 472; Carroll County Farm Bureau; Soil and Water Conservancy District Affiliate; Chamber of Commerce; Township Associate Member; Commission for Advancement of the Arts; East Ohio Forestry Association; Ohio Dam Safety Organization; Ohio Lake Management Society; Board of Trustees, St. John’s Villa former board member, American Heart Association; Academy of Model Aeronautics AMA; Centaur Radio Control Club Columbiana County; Military Vehicles Preservation Association

Endorsements: N/A

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

For the past 12 years, I have been your Carroll County Common Pleas Court Judge. During that time, I have heard and completed over 6,200 cases, participating in over 11,000 court proceedings. Less than 5 of my decisions have been overturned by the court of appeals. I have a comprehensive knowledge of the law as well as civil and criminal procedure. I am a Certified Death Penalty case Judge. I have enjoyed a reputation for efficiently completing my work, being honest, independent, ethical, responsible, diligent, fair and hardworking. During the past 12 years, I have kept my promise to maintain the trust of the voters by not solicit or accepting campaign contributions and by running a traditional, polite campaign. I care about the public’s confidence and perception of my impartiality, fairness, character, and integrity. My staff and I are often the last to leave the courthouse at the end of the day – often after 6:00 p.m. My 12 years on the bench have proven to hone my expertise, not only in the law, but in human behavior. They have deepened both my understanding and commitment to the people of our community. As a Judge, I have striven to continue to educate myself in the nuances of the law and have endeavored to make a positive impact in the lives of those who come before our court. 11,000 court proceedings later, and I stand before you a stronger, wiser, more compassionate and experienced leader than I was when you first put your trust in me 12 years ago. I am asking for your vote this November because, when it comes to our Common Pleas Court Judge, Commitment to Community, Fairness, Trust, Integrity, Competency and Experience Matter.

Before I became Carroll County Common Pleas Judge 12 years ago, I had a successful, well-respected 29 year private law practice in which I handled thousands of cases in the three areas of law over which I now preside as Judge – Civil, Domestic Relations and Felony Criminal. I represented thousands of individuals from Ohio in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia common pleas, municipal, county and federal courts. I tried 60 jury trials, winning most of them. My extensive private practice and trial experience is something most attorneys practicing before my court appreciate about me. It has been opined among well-practiced attorneys that it is very difficult to practice before young inexperienced judges because they don’t have the know-how to juggle hundreds of cases, and the lives that each case affects, in a skillful, efficient and unflappable manner. Resolving cases judiciously requires far more than a judge whose only tool is “because I said so.” It requires wisdom, compassion, patience and steadfast leadership. The cases that come before me aren’t just numbers in a file, they represent people, their lives and rights, in our community who count on me to be fair, deliberate and just in my decisions.

I am humbled to have served Carroll County as your Judge for the past 12 years and, because I live here too, I want the best candidate to become the Judge sitting on our Common Pleas Court next year. As a voter, the qualities that I consider important in a candidate are commitment to community, integrity and experience.

COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY My commitment to Carroll County is strong. I fell in love with Carroll County decades ago. Within the first year of opening my private practice in 1979, my wife Cindy and I purchased our home in Carroll County. We’ve raised three beautiful, healthy and successful children with the help of the Carroll County School System. We have been your neighbors in this county for almost 40 years. We are thankful for all of God’s blessings, and it is because I have much more to share with our community, that I am seeking my final term in office. We have worked well together these past 12 years, and we can continue to work well together into the next term because we are committed to the safety and happiness of our neighbors, family and friends.

INTEGRITY In this community, we question whether a judicial candidate should accept money from any political party, an attorney, or even a member of the community. Judges take an oath of office to be fair and impartial. A community must be able to trust that their judge remains true. You won’t find me soliciting or accepting monetary donations for my campaign. I hold office secure in the knowledge that my loyalties lie with my community and not any financial contributors.

EXPERIENCE We all want Justice to prevail, and we want our community to be a safe place for even our most vulnerable citizens. It takes a well-functioning judiciary to find the balance that ensures that the guilty are punished and the wrongly accused are acquitted. This takes years of experience to cultivate. Attorneys from both sides, court personnel, support staff, members of the community who serve as jurors – all must work together in order to produce a just result. And they must be lead by a strong, compassionate, experienced leader. When it comes to our Common Pleas Judge, Commitment to Community, Integrity, and Experience Matter.