Jason Adams

Office: Summit County – Akron Municipal Court

Residence: Akron, OH

Email: jasonadams4judge@neo.rr.com

Website: KeepJudgeJasonAdams.com; Keep Judge Jason Adams on Facebook

Occupation: Akron Municipal Court Judge

Education: The University of Akron School of Law – Juris Doctorate (1989); The University of Akron – BA in Economics with a minor in Labor Economics (1985)

Work Experience: Akron Municipal Court Judge; Magistrate and Judicial Attorney for the Summit County Common Pleas Court – General Division (13 1/2 years); Assistant Summit County Prosecutor (7 1/2 years); and Private Practice Attorney and Small Business Owner (Downtown Akron) (8 years)

Family: Married – wife is a substitute teacher for the Akron Public Schools; daughter attends Akron Public Schools; and newborn son.

Affiliations: Ahepa 63, Inc. (non-profit HUD senior apartment in Tallmadge, Ohio) – President/board member; Ahepa National Housing Corporation (non-profit HUD senior apartments in 22 states and over 4700 units) – National board member; Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church – Downtown Akron – parish council member; Tarry House Inc. (temporary housing for adults with mental disabilities – West Akron) – former board member; Cascade Locks Park Association – Downtown Akron – former board member; Volunteer Legal Services Project for the Legal Aid Society – former volunteer; Ohio State Bar Association; Akron Bar Association (municipal/common pleas/court of appeals committee); and Ohio Magistrates Association

Endorsements: As an independent judge, I did not seek endorsements from political officeholders or other entities.

Bar Association Ratings: Good

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

I am currently serving as one of your six Judge of the Akron Municipal Court Judge – presiding on over 1,000 cases to date. My previous legal experience includes as a Magistrate and Judicial Attorney for the Summit County Common Pleas Court – General Division (13 1/2 years) for Judge Christine Croce and Judge Judy Hunter (retired); Assistant Summit County Prosecutor (7 1/2 years) under Lynn Slaby, Michael Callahan, and Maureen O’Connor; and Private Practice Attorney and Small Business Owner (Downtown Akron) (8 years).

I have been fortunate to have had a well rounded legal career. Throughout my almost 28 years, I have seen it all. As a young Assistant Summit County for Lynn Slaby, Michael Callahan, and Maureen O’Connor (current Chief Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court) I have had the opportunity to handle numerous complex cases representing the County, Office holders, and its citizens in both Ohio and Federal Court. As a private attorney, I practiced in the Akron Municipal Court. Finally, as Magistrate and Judicial Attorney for Judge Christine Croce and Judy Hunter (retired) of the Summit County Common Pleas Court, I helped oversee thousands of complex criminal (some making national news) and civil cases. I have also been involved with helping those less privileged throughout my legal career – adults with mental disabilities (Tarry House), senior housing (HUD apartments), and guidance for the homeless and battered women (Volunteer Legal Services). Through these career paths I obtained a passion for public service. I wish to continue this public service as your Judge of the Akron Municipal Court.

I am fortunate to now stand before you as your Judge of the Akron Municipal Court. As a sitting Judge, I have a vast understanding of the daily operations of the Akron Municipal Court. As a community volunteer for over 25 years, I have learned that those less fortunate need help – be it adults with mental disabilities, senior citizens needing safe stable housing, and the homeless and battered women who needed legal guidance. I care about the safety of our citizens and the future of our greater community. With the current opioid epidemic, I have witnessed the great influx of opioid related crimes. I understand that community based treatment for qualified individuals is the better approach to treat the underlying substance abuse problem rather than simply sending these offenders to jail – at the same time, saving you the taxpayers money. I understand that the Court’s intervention in defendant’s criminal case at the misdemeanor level will hopefully provide the needed help and guidance to prevent a defendant’s activities from escalating into felonies on the Common Pleas Court level – where I previously worked as a magistrate and judicial attorney. Although I show compassion for those who stand before me at Court, I understand that, at times, a strong hand is needed against some criminal defendants. Your safety is my number one priority. In conclusion, I love what I do and am proud to serve as one of six well qualified Judges. I respectfully ask for your vote on November 7th. Thank you.