Jim Schuck

Office: Delaware County – Delaware County Common Pleas Court – General Division

Residence: Genoa Township, OH

Email: SchuckForJudge@gmail.com

Website: N/A

Occupation: Attorney, Bricker & Eckler LLP

Education: J.D., Capital University Law School, Magna Cum Laude; B.A., Bowling Green State University

Work Experience: Bricker and Eckler 2001-Present; Law Clerk to Judge George C. Smith, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2000-2001

Family: Married with three children, ages 13, 11, and 10

Affiliations: N/A

Endorsements: Delaware County Republican Party

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

This is my first run for judicial office.

First, I demonstrated academic excellence during law school, having graduated in the top 10% of my law school class, been appointed twice as a teaching assistant, and served on the Board of my law review. Second, I served as a federal law clerk immediately out of law school. That job made me realize the impact the courts could have in the lives of those who come before them. It also taught me what is involved in running an efficient court. Finally, my 17-year professional career has prepared me for this role. I’ve handled many cases around Ohio and in numerous federal and state courts around the country. I have appeared before many judges and magistrates, and have observed what makes a good trial judge.

I have always viewed the judiciary as one of the highest callings for any lawyer. I seek this job to make a positive impact on my community. I have the right education, experience, skills, and temperament to do well in the position.