Kathleen Ann Sutula

Office: Cuyahoga County – Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court

Residence: Seven Hills, OH

Email: N/A

Website: JudgeSUTULA.com

Occupation: Judge, Court of Common Pleas Cuyahoga County Ohio

Education: JD Cleveland Marshall college of law; B.A. The Ohio State University

Work Experience: Judge, Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas February 1991 to present; assistant United States attorney, Northern District of Ohio, civil division, September 1980 – February 1991; Assistant Cuyahoga county prosecutor, civil division karma 1978 to 1980; judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert be cool Pensk assistant Cuyahoga county prosecutor, civil division Cama 1978 to 1980; judicial law clerk to the Honorable Robert B. Krupansky, 1976 to 1980.

Family: Sons: Christopher and Benjamin

Affiliations: Ohio Judicial Conference; United States sixth circuit judicial conference, life member; American judges association; Ohio common pleas judges Association; Brooklyn Business Exchange; see website for further information

Endorsements: The Cleveland plain dealer; they call and post; the Cleveland building and construction trades Council, fraternal order of police eighth district; association of Cleveland firefighters I AFF local 93; northern Ohio fire fighters Association; building labors union local 310; Journeyman plumbers union, local number 55; Teamsters Ohio D.R.I.V.E.; C.A.M.E.O.; The Justinian Forum

Bar Association Ratings: 3.0 Judge4Yourself

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

Incumbent judge since February,1991: elected 1992: reelected 1994, 2000, 2006, and 2012. Over 2 Years as a federal law clerk United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio 1976 to 1978; Has also prepared me for presiding over legal controversies both civil and criminal.

I have been involved in volunteer and charitable works from an early age. This has spanned the distance from fundraising in a local neighborhood to volunteering at the hospital, being on the board of a nonprofit transitional housing group, helping community events such as the Cleveland national air show, and many others. These experiences have allowed me to see many different walks in the avenues of life, so I’m blessed others not. This has shown me the need for compassion as well as leadership. These activities have brought it to my horizons beyond my formal schooling.

This particular seat is the seed I was appointed two in February 1991 by Governor Vujnovich and I have held it ever since. I like the work of the court the civil as well as the criminal and I can accomplish it fairly, impartially and errociemtly. Being efficient not only save the taxpayers money but also allows for greater accessibility to the courts by keeping the cost of litigation down and not artificially increasing it due to lack of efficiency.