The circulation period and overdue fines for OASP and Sum and Substance materials will change for Reading Period and Finals. Starting on Friday, April 26, 2019 these materials will circulate for only 1 day (instead of 72 hours) and no renewals will be allowed. Overdue fines for these materials will increase from $1.00 per day to $5.00 per day.
HOWEVER, the study aid books in the LIBRARY (Multiple Copies of Q & A and Understanding Series) have the same 72 hour check-out period and fines of $1 per day.
These changes provide access to the materials for a greater number of students. If you have questions regarding these changes please ask the library staff.
Summer Access to Lexis
Access to Lexis will continue during the summer. As long as you are registered for Lexis you do not have to do anything to continue using Lexis Advance this summer. You may use Lexis for work or school during the summer. In the fall, usage reverts back to academic use only.
Summer Access to Westlaw
You can use Thomson Reuters products, including Westlaw, Practical Law, and the Practice Ready solutions, over the summer for non-commercial research. You can turn to these resources to gain understanding and build confidence in your research skills, but you cannot use them in situations where you are billing a client. Examples of permissible uses for your academic password include the following:
- Summer coursework
- Research assistant assignments
- Law Review or Journal research
- Moot Court research
- Non-Profit work
- Clinical work
- Externship sponsored by the school
You do not have to do anything to gain access to these tools over the summer. If you have any questions, please contact your Thomson Reuters Academic Account Manager.
Access to Bloomberg Law continues over the summer. You may use your Bloomberg Law password for any purpose during the summer as well as year-round. The court dockets and transactional resources may be particularly useful to those working at law firms over the summer.
Other databases accessible over the summer:
You still have access to these great databases for some time after graduation!
- Lexis Advance IDs: Spring graduates have access to Lexis Advance via their law school IDs through December 31, 2019. This ID also grants them access to the Graduate Home Page (detailed below).
- LexisNexis Rewards Point Expiration: Like previous years, spring graduates have until June 30, 2019 to redeem their LexisNexis Rewards points.
- Graduate Home Page: On July 6, 2019, the spring graduates’ view of the Law School Home Page will switch from their current view to the graduate view. This new view will provide helpful information for their careers and job search. Grads will also be able to select a “Graduate Gift.” This year’s gifts are LexisNexis eBooks and online subscriptions for Lexis Practice Advisor, Lexis for Microsoft Office, and Law360.
- Aspire Program: Graduates conducting verifiable 501(c)(3) public interest work may sign up for the Lexis ASPIRE Program for extended access to some items. Please contact our Lexis Account Representative, Jennifer Durkin, at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
You can use Thomson Reuters products, including Westlaw and Practical Law, for 18-months after graduation. Your “Grad Elite” access gives you 60-hours of usage per month, with no restrictions against using them for professional purposes. These tools include:
- Practical Law
- Practical Law Connect
- Drafting Assistant Essential
- Doc and Form Builder
- West LegalEdCenter -one-year, no CLE
Extend access by logging into http://www.lawschool.westlaw.com
Graduates automatically keep full access to Bloomberg Law through their individual account for six months following graduation. Please contact our Bloomberg Law School Relationship Manager, Terry Stedman, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
If you need research help or help with Bluebook citations for your GWR paper, the library can help. Stop by the reference desk, or make an appointment with a librarian. Or, you can ask questions via email or phone. Contact Sue Altmeyer, email@example.com, (330) 972-7764, Kyle Passmore, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-972-6352 or Sarah Starnes, email@example.com, (330) 972-5291.
Our online library guides might also help. There is a GWR Papers guide; Bluebook Quick Reference: Abbreviations and How-tos and Legal Citation guide.