Underwriting at WZIP
As a non-commercial radio station, Underwriting is our way of thanking businesses for making donations to help keep our programming on the air.
It is this advertising that makes the music at WZIP possible. Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations donate money to WZIP. WZIP then provides information on the business or organization to the listening audience.
Benefits of sponsoring WZIP:
- Tax Deductible
- Over 130,000 listeners every week
- WZIP does not run sponsor mentions back to back, therefore our listeners are more likely to hear your mentions as they know their favorite songs are to play shortly after
- Our coverage includes Canton, Kent, Medina, Akron, Cleveland and much more!
- Website feature with more creative flexibility
- You’re supporting your local radio station, the students, and staff that help bring you your favorite tunes!
The donor statement over WZIP can include:
- The name of business or organization
- The address and/or location
- The phone number
- A value-neutral description of the service or product line
- A website address
- Prize giveaways depending on the sponsorship package
WZIP offers underwriting to companies in different packages and payment terms. All contributions to WZIP are Tax Deductible!
The money that the station receives through underwriting helps fund WZIP. It also provides the money to purchase the materials and equipment needed to run operate the station.
The Underwriting Team contacts businesses and organizations to donate money to the station. Underwriting keeps listeners tuned in. In addition to keeping our listeners tuned in, it also provides them with information about local businesses and events.
If you or someone you know is interested in taking advantage of the benefits of WZIP, please call the WZIP business line at (330) 972-7105. One of our underwriters will be glad to assist you!