Ernie Pan, Ph.D., F.ASCE, F.ASME
Professor of Civil Engineering
Professor of Applied Mathematics
Tel: (330) 972-6739 (Office); (330) 972-6020 (Fax)
ASEC Room 534, Dept. of Civil Engineering,
The University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325-3905
Ph.D. University of Colorado at Boulder, 1993.
M.S. Peking University, Beijing, China,1985.
B.S. Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China, 1982.
Research [click here for more information]
1. Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and magneto-electro-elastic coupling.
2. Mechanics of nanostructures and semiconductor quantum heterostructures.
3. Wave propagation and nondestructive evaluation.
4. Layered structures and composite laminates.
5. Green’s functions and applications.
6. Computational mechanics.
8. MultiSmart3D— A New Software Package for Pavement Analysis.
9. SmartGrowth— A New Software Package for 2D Quantum Dots Growth Simulation.
10. BackGenetic3D— A New Software Package for Pavement Backcalculation Analysis.
Paper and Presentation Awards:
1. Chen, E. Y. G., Pan, E., and Green, R. (2009): Surface loading of a multilayered viscoelastic pavement: Semi-analytical solution. ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 68: 608-618. Student Paper and Presentation Award from Pavement Mechanics, ASCE EMI 08 May Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
2. Alkasawneh, W., Pan, E., Han, F., Zhu, R., and Green, R. (2008): Effective modulus variation and field distributions with depth — Using a multilayered pavement program. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology 1: 41-47. First Biennial Best Paper Award.