Congratulations on your candidacy for a judicial seat. Judicial Votes Count is an initiative to help Ohio voters learn more about you and your qualifications to be a judge. It also is a tool to help users learn more about the state’s judicial system – how it works, what judges do and how judges impact the lives of Ohioans.
- All candidates complete the same online Web form.
- Word limits are in effect only for 2 questions on the Web form and are noted as such.
- All candidates will be listed on the Know Your Candidates page, even if some choose not to provide their profile information.
- There will be links to candidate profiles for participating candidates only.
- Candidates who do not participate will be noted as “Declined to Participate.”
- The staff of Judicial Votes Count does not correct any misspellings, or errors in grammar or punctuation. (Answers to all questions are copied and pasted exactly how information is submitted.)
- You may request edits to correct wording or misspellings at any time, by emailing JVC@uakron.edu and explaining your desired changes.
- All endorsements, bar ratings, and bar recommendations must be submitted by the candidate.
- In accordance with the statutory process of electing judges in Ohio, political-party affiliation will be listed only for the primary election.
- It is crucial that candidates are matched to the correct seats up for election, which are determined by term dates. If you do not know the exact term date of the seat you seek, then contact your local board of elections to ask.
Suggestions for Your Candidate Profile:
- Consider listing your name for your profile in the same way it will be listed on the ballot.
- Add endorsements, bar ratings, or bar recommendations as they become available. You may request these additions to your profile at any time, by emailing JVC@uakron.edu and explaining what needs to be added.
- Provide Web links (URLs) to endorsements or bar association ratings/recommendations where possible.