John Miraldi

Office: Lorain County Court of Common Pleas, General Division

Residence: Lorain, OH

Email: johnrmiraldi@gmail.com

Website: N/A

Occupation: Judge

Education: J.D. from University of Toledo College of Law

Work Experience: 25 years private practice as civil trial attorney. Last 6 years as Judge; Lorain County Court of Common Pleas

Family: Married with three adult children

Affiliations: N/A

Endorsements: N/A

Bar Association Ratings: Highly Recommended Lorain County Bar Association

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

I have been a judge in the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas for the last six years. In that capacity I have presided over every level of felony criminal case from the lowest level felony to several death penalty cases. I have handled approximately one thousand cases including complex civil litigation and felony criminal cases.

2) What about your non-judicial legal experience qualifies you to be a judge?

I was in private practice from 1987 through 2012 (25 years) working as a civil trial lawyer. I had extensive courtroom experience prior to becoming a judge in 2013.

I am the incumbent and it is my desire to continue as a judge at the common pleas court level. I am committed to serving with excellence, humility and integrity. My highest rating from the Lorain County Bar Association is validation of my commitment. This high rating was given to me by my peers (civil attorneys, prosecutors, criminal defense attorneys) in the legal community who know me best and who work in my courtroom every day. In addition, three years ago I started the first drug court in our general division to help treat the many offenders who have committed crimes due to their addiction to heroin and other opiates. The drug court focuses on treatment rather than the expense of jail and prison. I want to continue my work with the drug treatment court I created. Drug courts like the one I started are proven to save lives and save money.