Kathi McNabb Welsh

Office: Mahoning County Court [term commencing 1/3/18]

Age: 58

Residence: Boardman, Ohio

Website: Facebook: Kathi McNabb Welsh for County Court Judge

Occupation: Attorney. Chief Deputy Clerk of Court for the Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas and County Courts

Education: Juris Doctor, University of Akron School of Law, 1985; Bowling Green State University; Austintown Schools

Work Experience: Chief Deputy Clerk of Court for the Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas and County Courts [December 1994-present]; Assistant Mahoning County Prosecuting Attorney [Jan. 1989-Dec. 1994]; Assistant Akron City Prosecutor [1987-1988]

Family: I am married to Attorney Timothy Welsh, who is a magistrate in the Mahoning County Common Pleas Court. We have one son, Timothy, an actor in New York City.

Affiliations: Member and Past President Mahoning County Bar Association, Mahoning County Bar Foundation, Elected Governing Board Member Mahoning County Educational Service Center Board since 2003, Member Board of Education Mahoning County Career and Technical Center since 2003, Former Trustee Eastern Gateway Community College, Board of Directors
Boardman Civic Association, League of Women Voters of Greater Youngstown, Member St. Charles Church

Endorsements: N/A

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

N/A. I have never run for judge before.

As a former assistant prosecuting attorney, I have experience in trying felony and misdemeanor jury and bench trials before the common pleas courts and municipal courts. I have argued cases before courts of appeals and have argued several times before the Supreme Court of Ohio. As Chief Deputy Clerk of Court, I have expanded my knowledge of the law in civil matters, including those handled by the county courts. Every day, I use my legal skills to ensure that the Clerk’s office, including the County Court Clerk’s office, is in compliance with the law and its many changes. Also, I have the unique experience of understanding the administration and operation of the Mahoning County Courts. I have also represented clients in private civil matters.

I am running because I believe that my unique qualifications and my record of qualified and ethical service to the law and to the community make me an ideal candidate for county court judge. Throughout my legal career and my career in public service, I have held true to my core values of hard work, honesty and integrity. As a school board member with over 15 years of elected office experience, I have served my constituents honorably. I will do the same as judge.