Kathleen Bartlett

Office:  District includes: Mahoning, Columbiana, Carroll, Jefferson, Harrison, Monroe, Noble, Belmont counties – Seventh District Court of Appeals

Residence: North Jackson, OH

Email: Kathleenjbartlett@gmail.com

Website: Facebook: Retain Judge Kathleen Bartlett for Judge of 7th District Court of Appeals; www.kathleenbartlettforjudge.com

Occupation: Judge of the Seventh District Court of Appeals

Education: Miami University, Ohio; Cleveland Marshall College of Law

Work Experience: Judge of 7th District Court of Appeals since 2018; Attorney since 1994; Common Pleas Magistrate since 2006; Mayor’s Court Magistrate since 1996

Family: Married to Alan Bartlett for over 22 years

Affiliations: Member Ohio State Bar Association, Columbiana County Bar Association.

Endorsements: Mahoning County Republican Party; Columbiana County Republican Party

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

Judge of 7th District Court of Appeals since 2018; Common Pleas Magistrate from 2006-2018 Mayor’s Court Magistrate from 1996-2018

I was in the private practice of law from 1994-2006. In 2006, I was appointed a full-time Magistrate in the Columbiana County Common Pleas Court. While in private practice, I represented clients in a wide range of legal areas, including, but not limited to: criminal, civil, domestic relations, bankruptcy, probate and juvenile law. I also practiced law In several counties included in the Court of Appeals district.

Judges make really hard, important decision every single day. And each of those decisions personally affect each litigant who appears before the court. A judges decision will literally change someone’s life. Therefore, it is so important that we elect the very best to these judicial positions. We need to elect judges who are honest and honorable, fair and impartial. We need to elect judges who have integrity and who are dedicated to the just administration of the law. I am mindful that every decision I have made, or will make, as a Judge or Magistrate has deeply impacted the parties who have appeared in front of me. I treat everyone in my court with respect. I dedicate sufficient time and resources to all of my judicial duties. The judicial experience that I gained at the trial court level has provided the necessary background for the appellate level. I am the only candidate who has actual Court of Appeals judicial experience.