Categories
Uncategorized

Laura J. Gallagher

Office: For Judge of the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Probate Division
Term Beginning 2/9/2021

Residence: Strongsville

Email: lawraj@aol.com

Website: 

Social Media: 

Occupation: Judge

Education: Bachelor of Arts from Miami University, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, J.D. from Case Western Reserve School of Law, Cum Laude

Work Experience: Probate Judge since 2009. Assistant County Prosecutor from 1987-1996 and 2003-2009, Court Magistrate from 1996-2003

Family: Married with three daughters

Affiliations: President Elect, Ohio Association of Probate Judges, Vice Chair, Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Case Management, Ohio Supreme Court Commission on Civil Rules, Probate Court Forms Committee, Ohio State Bar Association, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, CMBA Civil Rules Committee, CMBA Bench Bar Committee, William K. Thomas Inns of Court Executive Board, President Elect, Catholic Lawyers Guild, Parish Council

Endorsements: Cuyahoga County Democratic Party, Shaker Heights Democratic Club,Bedford/Walton Hills Democratic Party

Bar Association Ratings: Uncontested races are not rated

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years)
I have been a Probate Court judge since February, 2009. I was a magistrate for the Medina County Probate/Juvenile Court for seven years.

Prior to being elected to the bench I was an assistant county prosecutor in Cuyahoga County for a total of nine years, an assistant county prosecutor in Medina County for six years and a Juvenile/Probate Court magistrate for seven years. I have over thirty-two years of public service in many areas of the law with a focus on family law issues.

I am the incumbent judge for this seat. For the past eleven years I have worked hard to serve the attorneys and clients who have come before the probate court. During my tenure the court has made great strides in the use of technology, including an online docket and e-file capability. We have also initiated an out- patient mental illness docket, a legal resource center for self represented clients and a guardian visitor program. I have a passion for probate jurisdiction including adoptions, guardianships, mental illness, trusts and estates. I am active in the Ohio Probate Judge Association and am a frequent presenter at Judicial conferences. In the past year I succeeded in having my courtroom renovated to improve accessibility, including the availability of equipment to assist those with hearing impairment.