Ph.D. (1988) in Chemical Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York.
M.S. (1985) in Chemical Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York.
B.S. (1980) in Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, R.O.C
The University of Akron (Akron, OH), Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering:
– Distinguished Professor
– Professor and Chair, 2005-2013
– Professor, 2000-2005
– Associate Professor, 1995 – 2000
– Assistant Professor, 1990 – 1995
BioChem Technology, Inc. (King of Prussia, PA), Research Engineer, 1987-1990.
Affiliation and Honors
– Louis A. Hill Professional Achievement Award, University of Akron, 2003
– Outstanding Researcher Award, College of Engineering, University of Akron, 2001
– NASA-ASEE Summer Faculty Fellowship, 1997
– Favorite Faculty Member honored by Omicron Delta Kappa and Mortar Board, 1996
– NASA Tech Brief Award, 1989
– Member, Executive Committee for Ohio Bioprocess Research Consortium, 1998-present
Professional Society Membership:
American Institute of Chemical Engineers, American Chemical Society, American Oil Chemists’ Society, American Society for Microbiology, American Association for the Advancement of Science, and Water Environment Federation
Invited lectures, workshops, symposia:
Presented more than 70 research lectures and invited lectures at national and international symposia/conferences, companies and universities.