Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
The University of Akron, OH 44325-3904, USA
Tel. (330) 972-8041
Funding may be available for graduate students with a strong academic record.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in these pages are strictly those of their author and have not been reviewed or endorsed by the University of Akron or by any other organization.
Electromagnetic Analysis: From Electrostatics to Photonics; five-volume reference set, World Scientific, 2020.
Computational Methods for Nanoscale Applications: Particles, Plasmons and Waves. Springer; 2nd edition, 2020.
(most images are clickable)
2017 – 2018: Professional Development Leave
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Division of Physics (Visiting Scholar)
- Northwestern University, Department of Chemistry (Visiting Scholar)
- The ICES Institute, UT Austin, Visiting Research Fellow (JTO Faculty Fellowship)
- TU Denmark, DTU Fotonik, Visiting Professor (Otto Mønsteds Fond)
- Plenary/keynote talks at Mathematics of Wave Phenomena, Waves in Complex Photonic Media, EMF’2018, the European School on Metamaterials 2017, IEEE-ICEAA 2017
- Short-term visits: TU Vienna, Austria; Institut Fresnel, France; NUS Singapore; HKUST, Hong Kong; Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy, Hong Kong Polytechnic.
Special thanks to my hosts, colleagues and collaborators:
Yidong Chong, George Schatz, Vadim Markel, Karl Hollaus, Joachim Schöberl, Leszek Demkowicz, Gregory Rodin, Andrei Lavrinenko, Sebastien Guenneau, Boris Gralak, Roberto Graglia, Luca Dal Negro, Che-Ting Chan, Kurt Busch, Guglielmo Rubinacci, Roland Schnaubelt, Ralf Hiptmair, Weinong Fu, Yuan Ping Feng, and many others.
- Best Session Organizer Award | PIERS PhotonIcs and Electromagnetics Research Symposium, Prague, July 2023
- CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2023 CLEO Munich, Germany, June 2023
- ISEM2022 Thessaloniki, Greece, June 2022 (online)
- Conference on Mathematics of Wave Phenomena Karlsruhe, Germany, February 2022 (online)
- Metamaterials: Designing Wave Propagation with a Focus on Electrodynamics, Physikzentrum Bad Honnef, Germany, February 2022
- CEFC 2020, Pisa, Italy, November 2020
- APS-URSI, Atlanta GA, July 2019
- CLEO Europe, Munich, Germany, June 2019
- Mathematics of Wave Phenomena, Karlsruhe, Germany, July 2018
- Waves in Complex Photonic Media, Anacapri, Italy, June 2018
- EMF’2018, Darmstadt, Germany, April 2018
- Metamaterials 2017 and the European School on Metamaterials, Marseille, France, August-September 2017
- ACOMEN, Ghent, Belgium, September 2017
- IEEE-ICEAA, Verona, Italy, September 2017
- Advanced Concepts in Wave Physics: Topology and Parity-time Symmetries, January 2016, Hong Kong
- AMiTaNS’16 June 2016, Albena, Bulgaria
- The 36th PIERS, July 2015, Prague
- Compumag’15, July 2015, Montreal
- IEEE AP-S / URSI Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, July 2015, Vancouver
- ICCP9 (Computational Physics), January 2015, National University of Singapore